• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vino 125 detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vino 125 detail

well being on vacation and bored led me to detailing my scooter....i waxed it last week, but didnt get to detail it. so today i used some QD on it and then used some 205. the 205 took out about 90% of the swirls but i wanted them all gone so i tried some swirlX which did the job well i think. followed that with some 205 and then some m26 then 2 coats of nxt 2.0 and then some UQW.
    this is 50/50 left side with 205 (ended up using 105 to get ALL the scratches out)

just 205

on the right with swirlX (started to rain so i moved it indoors)

now afters

i never really knew i had flake on the scooter, found it last weekend when i washed it lol....but i didnt know there was all kinds of colors of flakes in it like blue and other colors....the flakes just pop out like crazy now! those spots that look like dust/lint are actually just flake lol....im pretty happy with the results

dangit! please gimmie a few minutes to fix my links

Re: vino 125 detail

Nice work! Cool scooter!

Yes.After I got my new Black car,I never really noticed the Metal flakes in it,untill I polished and waxed it...You're right.It really pops out..rainbow style..

What is the Scooters origin of manufacture?

As Sammy Hagar said "Get on your Bad Motor ScoooOoooter"

Comment

thanks ...its a yamaha vino 125, i guess you can call it my fzr's little sister lol. a lot of people laugh because i am not a small person by any means and they say i look like donkey kong riding the scooter lol...o well, my truck gets 12mpg and my car gets about 15 and the scooter gets 85+ and still goes 60-65mph . i normally call it my "s-cooter" to sound cooler, although i dont think it works lol

Comment

Originally posted by fzr confused View Post
        thanks ...its a yamaha vino 125, i guess you can call it my fzr's little sister lol. a lot of people laugh because i am not a small person by any means and they say i look like donkey kong riding the scooter lol...o well, my truck gets 12mpg and my car gets about 15 and the scooter gets 85+ and still goes 60-65mph . i normally call it my "s-cooter" to sound cooler, although i dont think it works lol

Ha-ha! I know someone ,drives a scooter and he's massive! It's so funny...He looks like Lurch on a kids toy bike!

There's loads of scooters here..I'm not to familiar with all the makes though. A lot of youngsters here(too young to own a car),like to tune them.They buy exhausts made by a firm called 'Pollini'.The noise really cuts right through you.Hurts my ears!!

Do you do that over there?

Comment

there are a bunch of scooter mods out over here, but mine is relatively stock minus the "race" variator, slider weights and clutch and torque springs....i hate the sound of the exhausts, so that will remain stock and almost silent

Comment

Originally posted by fzr confused View Post
            there are a bunch of scooter mods out over here, but mine is relatively stock minus the "race" variator, slider weights and clutch and torque springs....i hate the sound of the exhausts, so that will remain stock and almost silent

You're doing the right thing.Those exhaust upgrades are extremely painfull to the ears. And i'm not joking!

A couple of years back,there was a guy from Rome that got so fed up with this guy on his scooter making so much noise going up and down past his house all day,that he shot him.He went to jail,of course.But it shows you how sore these high pitched exhausts are!

Anyway....good job you done.It's the shiniest I've seen!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');