• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Chrysler 300C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Chrysler 300C

I did a partial detail on my 300C. Really just a quick wash and wax, but I've been working the finish with UC on a W6006/G100 in my spare time over the past week or so, and there was finally a break in the rain today (for all of an hour) and I got to wash the car to get three weeks worth of grime and road mess off (yes, it's been raining for three weeks) and boy does it feel good. The rear is now loaded with bondeds though, and they'll have to wait for another day.

Wash with DC Soap & Cheap bone sponges from Auto Zone (I know I know)
    Dry with THE ABSORBER
    UC w/ G100 on nasty areas
    3 coats of Gold Class paste

I used to use the Gold Class paste exclusively, and it fell out of my favor for whatever reason a few years ago. Unsatisfied with the results I've been getting with NXT2.0 topped with M26, I remembered that Gold Class used to be my favorite and dug out my old can of it. I'm in love again
    Teasers:

Obligatory reflection shot off the hood.
    If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Re: 2005 Chrysler 300C

nice..so the GC paste is just that nice? I'm waiting to run out of Nxt2.0..
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
      Like I said in another thread, I find it difficult to apply in a thin, uniform coat but is really not too difficult to get off. The shine it produces is really amaxing. When I run out I'm going to give NXT 2.0 a try.

Good luck finding a can though, ADS doesn't have it and its no longer on the shelves at the Pep Boys where I bought mine.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
        The GC paste is very nice. It tends to go on thick, or at least in my experience it does. Could be the applicator that I use, but I tend to have very little control over the application, it's either too thin or too thick.
        NXT2.0 will always be my sealant of choice. I didn't mention that there was a coat of NXT under the GC, because it was applied about three weeks ago and it's been raining ever since. Water was still kinda beading, but not really sheeting anymore. Still, three weeks of rain is brutal on any product's durability and I think that NXT performed more than admirably, I guess that I'm just unsatisfied with M26 as an LSP more than I'm disappointed with NXT2.0, I'm looking for more depth and clarity that I'm finding with M26.

If I were you I would get a bottle of NTX2.0 Liquid to apply as a sealant, then finish it off with whatever Carnauba product you prefer to increase depth and clarity. JMHO.
        If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

Nice car. color came good

If your having trouble trying to find GC paste,give the liquid a go.It's real easy to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
            Nice car. color came good

If your having trouble trying to find GC paste,give the liquid a go.It's real easy to work with.
            My next wax purchase will be NXT 2.0, if I am not 100% satisfied with that I will buy Gold Class liquid.
            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com
            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
              My next wax purchase will be NXT 2.0, if I am not 100% satisfied with that I will buy Gold Class liquid.
              www.properautocare.com has GC Paste available for $11.95, same price for the liquid. I prefer the paste myself, but the liquid has its place in my box.

Comment

nice work on the car.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Your 300 looks great.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment