• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M105 Review

Originally posted by g88 View Post
    wow seech, long time never see you posting in other forum...and found you are here

M105 is good stuff...but i am curious with Solo Yellow wool it should be more than enough to cure your problem unless clear coat is hard....

Am not sure whether you notice where using W7006 (as the pad is aggressive-rough)..it created more swirl to your paintwork (from your picture)....

Just my 2 cents.

* Oh I saw 9227c
    Hey bro. Nothing to post in a long time .

There are some serious defects in my car so the yellow didn't do very much. Even with the heavy cut pad there are still some RIDS left in certain areas. Going to try wetsanding next.
    Detailing blog: prodetailing.blogspot.com
    Everything else: theseech.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: M105 Review

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
      Well, it really technically wasn't a [complete] shift...but more of an introduction [in addition to].

It has been about a two year process as they have introduced new products that contain NEW technology. It isn't like the technology has been around and Meguiar's was simply choosing not to utilize it- it is a NEW technology that they finally found a way to harness.

Also, they do still sell MANY products that utilize a diminishing abrasive, it is simply that non-diminishing super micro abrasives are newer and better than what had come before them. It allows users to get more work done in less time with less guessing work (figuring buffing cycles for abrasives to be broken down, etc).

Sure, M105 can be dangerous because it is a 12 cut! But it should be treated as a 12, and not as M85 which is a 10 on the cut scale.
      Thanks for the clarification!

I personally am not too fond of the diminishing abrasive of the more powerful products, such as PlastX. Without adequate time spent on the product, it appears that PlastX leaves some fine scratch marks on the area.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');