• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 White Ford Lightening SVT~ Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 White Ford Lightening SVT~ Revisited

Hey everyone,

A while back I did a writeup where I detailed a 2001 Ford Lightening SVT seen here: The White Lightening!

Since then its been driven here and there and now has reached 600 miles. Yes, this truck does not even have one thousand miles on it yet. Its such a fun truck to drive and I am sure the owner will always keep it since he loves it just as much as I do.

The last time I detailed it I removed what very light swirls and contamination there was, cleaned up the interior and engine, and it looked absolutely perfect.

Now it has collected some dust and the wheels, tires, and wells look a little daily driver/street driven if you know what I mean. And we just cannot have that since thats just not acceptable.

I washed it with Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner , detailed the tires and wheelwells with All Season Dressing and Hyper-Dressing, the bedcover recieved another #40 - Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. I wiped the interior down with Quik Interior Detailer and then put two coats of Ultimate Quik Wax on the paint. I still like having #20 - Polymer Sealant on this truck though, so that will stay the same for when it comes time to wax it again.

I took some pictures in the garage this time, the reason I did this was to capture how wet and reflective the paint looked in the garage compared to full on sun, which is still nice to look at too.

Either way, clean white paint looks awesome

Just thought it would be fun
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 2001 White Ford Lightening SVT~ Revisited

great work!
    www.idetailautopros.com
    iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Comment

Man I wish I had the funds for a garage queen Lightning. SWEET trucks.

Nice work- that white looks a mile deep.

Comment

That white paint looks wet. That is a great looking truck. Keep up the great work as always.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

well maintaned on that white truck and didnt need any cleaning or claying, and only needed the amazing UQW, after a 1-2months daily driving :]....
          Ganesa,
          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
            well maintaned on that white truck and didnt need any cleaning or claying, and only needed the amazing UQW, after a 1-2months daily driving :]....
            Keep in mind it is a garage queen too.
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

Aww man, didn't it only have like 300 miles last time...Nice to see he's enjoying the truck now.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Cook View Post
                Aww man, didn't it only have like 300 miles last time...Nice to see he's enjoying the truck now.
                528 to be exact
                Nick
                815-954-0773

Comment

Sweet! What a nice truck! Great job, as always!
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Nice work Truck
                    wonder, how does your clients clean his rides, periodically or employ another?
                    How do u educating them?
                    it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');