• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iDetail: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iDetail: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan

This last week we did a 1999 White Dodge Grand Caravan. It needed some help, and the LGM got its butt worked off. Washed with dawn soap and microfibers and grit guard. Clayed with Mothers Clay. Compounded with rotary and m105, polished with PC7424 and m205 on orange LC pad. Tech Wax 2.0 applied and exterior trim and wheels with M40 and tireshine. Interior done with LGM and APC+, interior quik detailer and m40.

Before:

Nasty tree sap that was a PAIN to break down

Swirls anyone?

Interior:

To be done on a later date, headliner collapsing:

Interior in process:

Stain Before:

Stain after APC+ and Scrubbing:

Extraction Tools:

During Extraction:

After First Pass:

Now for the other side...

Clean:

Remember this?

Now this

(no not perfect but it took 4 hours to get to this)

New Policy... plug all vehicles into the battery cycler while theyre being worked on so no batteries are killed:

Clay:

After Polish:

All Done:

all those scratches gone!

Thanks for looking!
    www.idetailautopros.com
    iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Re: iDetail: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan

Nice work on that nasty interior.
    Are those Headlights Oxidized or is that just condensation?
    Matt

Comment

Badly BADLY oxidized, one of those other things that will be dealt with later, its the gf's family's grocery getter so ill be messing around with it some more. As well as her
      05 liberty that needs some paint and body work. Im gonna have an absolutely full thanksgiving break!
      www.idetailautopros.com

Comment

Great work! I've been thinking about working on my family's silver '00 Chrysler Grand Voyager, which is essentially the same car. You give me hope!

a) How hard or soft was the clearcoat?

b) I see you used a rotary to start out. The best I have is m105 on 5.5'' Orange LC CCS via G110. Think this is strong enough? I can purchase the stronger LC Yellow pad if you think the orange via DA might not cut it...

c) Your personal thoughts on the LGM? You obviously made nice progress with it, but I'd still like to hear if you think it's worth the $100-or-so that I can get it for, new on Ebay. Currently I am stuck using APC/APC+ by hand, and I also have this annoying Bissell handheld liquid&dry scrubber excuse-for-a-vacuum... So I'm looking for a reliable machine for a reasonable price .

Anyway, you really made that paint pop! Great job

Comment

The clear by no means was ridiculously hard, and the rotary before was an experiment to see if i could speed the compound/polish process up since I have a partner and he can polish right after i compound. Regardless you should be able to make good progress with the Orange CCS pad and m105, work it once and see how its doing for you, and if your not at your preferred level of correction hit it with another pass or upgrade to the yellow pad. The LGM is a nice machine, but it does take a bit to work, if youve got the extra cash splurge for a nice extractor, if not, the LGM will do wonder, and leave carpets looking great, just be prepared to spend time and several passes extracting each section as its lacking in sucking power. An alternative would be also to go over the extracted carpet with a shop vac to completely dry. Overall, im happy with it, and ill get use out of it, but i plan mostly to stick with floor mats and spot removal as doing the entire carpet of a car is extremely time consuming. Good luck!
          www.idetailautopros.com

Comment

All right; thanks for the info!

Comment

it was a white van LOL
              i was thinking it was gray before LOL

well done job!!

Comment

Nice Work.

Good job on the interior. Best way to deal with it. Get the seats out.

Comment

Originally posted by cameraman134 View Post
                  The clear by no means was ridiculously hard, and the rotary before was an experiment to see if i could speed the compound/polish process up since I have a partner and he can polish right after i compound. Regardless you should be able to make good progress with the Orange CCS pad and m105, work it once and see how its doing for you, and if your not at your preferred level of correction hit it with another pass or upgrade to the yellow pad. The LGM is a nice machine, but it does take a bit to work, if youve got the extra cash splurge for a nice extractor, if not, the LGM will do wonder, and leave carpets looking great, just be prepared to spend time and several passes extracting each section as its lacking in sucking power. An alternative would be also to go over the extracted carpet with a shop vac to completely dry. Overall, im happy with it, and ill get use out of it, but i plan mostly to stick with floor mats and spot removal as doing the entire carpet of a car is extremely time consuming. Good luck!

So do you use just the APC+ with the LGM or do you use some Bissell cleaning solution in addition to the APC+?

Great results BTW!!!
                  2003 Mach 1
                  Azure Blue
                  5 speed/IUP
                  2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
                  KY Horsepower

Comment

Great work. That was a nasty interior. Van looks great.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by MattN03 View Post
                      So do you use just the APC+ with the LGM or do you use some Bissell cleaning solution in addition to the APC+?

Great results BTW!!!
                      Sprayed APC+, scrubbed, extracted with LGM hot water only, no solution added
                      www.idetailautopros.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');