• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advance Detail Chile- 2008 Audi TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Detail Chile- 2008 Audi TT

Hello MOL,

heres another car we did yesterday, its a 2008 Audi TT , silver gray metalic, 2.0 Turbo engine. i woke up around 6 am to travel to a clients house about 2 hours away. arrived at 8am at his house to find the TT ready for work. this car was used a couple of days ago at a Track Day here in Chile so it had alot of brake dust and dirt, again with the help of my dad and bro we worked about 8 hours on it. it was an exterior detail, but i was welcomed by the famous rock hard Audi paint, armed with my DA and red cutting pad i worked some UC into the paint with mega slow improvement, this is were i started thinking about my rotary!! i still havent recieved all my detailing arsenal yet from the States, including a PTG. i will let the pictures do most of the talking, its about 12:30am and i have a car tomorrow at 9am saturday

aqui hay otro auto que trabajamos ayer, es un Audi 2008 TT, gris metalico, motor 2.0 Turbo. desperte como a las 6 para viajar a la casa del cliente que vive como a 2 horas de manjeo, llegamos a las 8am a su casa, encontrando el TT listo para trabajar. este auto fue usado en un track day hace unos dias asi que tenia mucho polvo de frenos y tierra, otra ves con la ayuda de mi papa y mi hermanos le dedicamos 8 horas de trabajo. fue un detallado exterior, pero fui recibido por la famosa "Pintura dura como piedra de Audis" armado con mi DA, cutting pad, y UC, trabaje un area con avanse mega lento, aqui fue donde empese a acordarme de mi rotatoria, pero aun no me a llegado varias cositas que me faltan, incluyendo mi PTG. bueno dejare que las fotos hagan la mayoria, ya que son las 12:30 am y manana hay otro auto que hacer a las 9 am..

When we arrived-Al momento de llegar

Wash/lavado (no pics sorry):
    2BM
    NXT
    Microfiber mitt

Decon:
    Megs Mild Clay
    H20+nxt as clay lube

Degr:
    Super Deg via spray bottle at bottom 1/2 of car and door shuts 1:15 (i think)

At the same time the wash and decon was taking place, my bro was working on the wheels. i tried some Super Deg 5:1 but i wasnt leaving them super clean, it also had some dust and tar that was stuck. sprayed some more SD and let it work on the surface to help losen the dirt and grime....sooo out with the wheels.

Al mismo tiempo de lavado y Descon. mi hermano trabajaba con las llantas y neuma. probamos super deg 5:1 pero no quedaban bien, aparte tenia polvo y brea que estaba pegado. asi que le hechamos mas SD y lo dejamos actuar sobre la llanta y neumatico.

TAAA DAAAA!!
    only 3 more and the suspencion... solo 3 mas y la suspencion.

drying-secado:
    cali water blade + vroom micofiber drying towel.

Inspection: Swirls and Brillo pad scufs about 3 in the hood and one 8"x8" scuf in the rear bumper!!!

correction:

even tho it was just an exterior detail, my bro decided to detail the engine bay a bit while i polished.
    aunque era solo exterior, mi hermano decidio darle un mini detallado al motor mientras yo pulia.

lights-luces:

Proteccion: NXT and Quick wAx-HD 7:1
    Finals.

Final Thought:
    there were about 2-3 deep key scratches that i was able to diminish but not remove 100% due to depth. also due to not having my rotary i did not wanted to go into wet sanding because of the time it would take to restore the shine with the DA, also i dont have my PTG yet, so i dont want to compromise the clearcoat, the owner said he would like another one of his cars done, so if i have another trip i would like to touch up those imperfections with more especific work.

hubieron 2 rayas profundas por llave que se lograron disminuir bastante pero no remover al 100% por la profundidad. tambien al no tener mi rotatoria disponible no quise perseguirlos con lijado al agua por el peligro de comprometer la integridad de la pintura al no saber cuanta pintura hay para trabajar, al dueno le gustaria poder hacer otro servicio en otro auto, asi que si tengo mi PTG le dare una pasada mas a la segura sobre esas imperfecciones.

thanks for stoping by...-Nelson
    Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Re: Advance Detail Chile- 2008 Audi TT

nice work..
    in Spanish too awesome.
    '06 Honda Civic LX Coupe "Galaxy Gray"

Comment

awesome work!!!

Comment

The Audi looks fantastic. Great work.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Amazing work, especially on the wheels.
          -Freeman

Comment

Very nice. I really look forward to your details.

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

That looks terrific!!

I would be so happy if that was my car.
              Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by Steward View Post
                nice work...in Spanish too awesome.
                Thanks!! i did it in spanish also because iam located in Chile. so any prospects can understand the work.

Originally posted by supercharged View Post
                awesome work!!!
                Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                The Audi looks fantastic. Great work.
                THANKS... guys
                Originally posted by BigLouie View Post
                Amazing work, especially on the wheels.
                those were a nightmare, after the track day they were full of tar..my bro worked on them and got them looking great

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                Very nice. I really look forward to your details.
                Colin
                thanks i enjoy doing the write ups. went to bed about 2am and woke up at 9am on saturday by a call from a client that was outside and brought me one of his cars. i will probably go to bed at 2am doing the next write up, to wake up sunday at 8am to pick up my rotary and some things i need to finish a Nitro that is staying in house for a correcction of some "mad inexperience guy with rotary"

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                That looks terrific!!I would be so happy if that was my car.
                thanks, i loved the car also. after finishing we went with the owner to the atm machine, and gave some full throdlle runs, its quick but i like more uncontrollable powaaaaa...
                Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Comment

ola

amigos doing awonderful work
                  it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');