• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A teaser, 1999 Chevy 1500 ALS Chase Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A teaser, 1999 Chevy 1500 ALS Chase Truck

Hey everyone!

Sorry this is only one pic. My camara is on the fritz so I had to resort to using my phone to grab pics.

Here we have a 1999 Chevy Suburban that has ben modded to be a Medic chase truck. The medics in station have been hinting towards me doing this truck, and it was only a matter of time before I broke down and go to town on it.
    This truck has about 220000 miles on it and it shows! It gets waxed yearly by one of our Medics who uses Adams wax....don't know which wax exactly but none was used this time around!
    I'm pretty sure it's never been clayed or had any type of paint correction done on it.

My process was as follows:
    Washed with GC soap, includeing wheels.
    Tires and wheel wells were cleaned up with Purple Power.
    Clay with Meg's blue bar.
    UC via DA w/yellow pad x2.
    M205 via DA w/yellow pad x1.
    Waxed up with M16, only one coat.

Here is one of the after shots. I have been unable to dress the tires, trim, clear up the emergency lights, or put down a second coat due to either us getting a call or them getting a call. Hopefully we'll get a string of good days so that I can finish what I started.

Here she is!

I apologize that the pic is rather large. I don't have a picture editor here at work.

Hopefully I'll have the rest up soon!
    Thanks for looking.
    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Re: A teaser, 1999 Chevy 1500 ALS Chase Truck

looks good. Can't wait to see the rest of your work.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks good! What is the purpose of a chase truck?
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Nice work! The truck looks pretty darn good for being ten years old.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thanks guys!

J.A., Thanks! I need to get a usb cord to download all my pics from my phone. It's a real pain to e-mail all the pics to my e-mail address. I'm hoping I caught some nice 50/50's!

Ciera, Thank you. A chase truck is just that...it chases the ambulance around on calls. It is staffed by a Paramedic, which is ALS Advanced Life Support. They get called if we need them. I'm an EMT, which is BLS Basic Life Support. Or they get called with us if the situation is serious.

This is the BLS truck.
          We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Thanks Nick! It looks a whole lot better now since I got ahold of it. The amount of swirls on it was unbelievable. I was able to get about 75%-80% correction on it. Wasn't really going for any type of perfection....just good practice and makeing it look better then what it was looking!!
          For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Comment

mama-mia....three cheers for you for rescuing the paint work...nice work there...i can see the gloss on the paint...

Respecting your work & passion...keep it burning
            it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks again KC! The paint was very dull before I got to it. The reflections were that of a soda can...you could see yourself but not very well if that makes any sense!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');