• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advance Detail Chile-2008 Honda Civic SI (Rotary killer) lots of pics (100?!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Detail Chile-2008 Honda Civic SI (Rotary killer) lots of pics (100?!!)

Hi Mol,

sorry for the hold up on this post, but i have been doing alot of other things lately (iam building my house besides detailing) i recieved a call from a client that saw the WRX i did on my webpage and wanted to see if i could do something about the condition of his car, so we apointed for a Monday.

we met on monday morning, about 9-10am to inspect and see the damage, it was very cloudy, and the car was dusty, so i could not see the damage fully, but i told him that i could have it ready in about 7 hours, he told me he would pick it up from work at 8pm, GREAT!. car was pulled in to my house and we started the usual prep before wash: licence plate removal and equipment setup.

Hola Mol,
    Disculpen por la tardanza en este post, pero he andado haciendo bastantes otras cosas (estoy construyendo mi casa). Recibi una llamada de un cliente que vio el WRX que hice en mi pagina y me contacto para ver si podre hacer una correccion a su auto, asi que nos agendamos para un lunes en la manana

nos juntamos temprano el lunes, como 9-10am para inspeccionar el dano, y estaba muy nublado, el auto tambien estaba sucio, asi que no se miraba muy bien el dano completo, le dije que serian unas 7 horas de trabajo el cual me respondio que vendria por el a las 8pm, BUENO, el auto fue estacionado en mi casa y comenzamos las preparaciones antes de lavar: sacar patente y preparar el equipo.

i actualy love to work in black cars, having owned a black 300zx for 7 years i know how they look when cared for properly and love the refleccions that you can get with them after a correccion... BUT this car was not cared for, after delivery i talked to the owner on how the car got to that condition, after all its a 2008 model, he told me he bougt it from a dealer, and the car was owned by someone there, they gave him a big discount (about 1800dls) for the condidion of the paint and to cover a REPAINT!! well i would not like to buy a repainted car, in chile the painting is real bad. so the owner wanted to see if something can be done before going to the body shop. well he came to the right place.

me encanta trabajar con autos negros, aparte de tener un 300zx por 7 anos yo se como de bien se ven cuando estan bien cuidados y los reflejos que dan, Pero tristemente este no era el caso con este auto, despues de la entrega (al final) hable con el dueno para preguntarle como es que llego a esa condicion, despues de todo es un auto 2008, me dijo que era de una compraventa y era de el dueno o alguien ahi, y que al comprarlo le dieron un buen descuento para cubrir los gastos de la repintada!! bueno yo nunca compraria un auto repintado, aparte que aca en chile la calidad de los trabajos es peessimmmoo, asi que fue la razon que el dueno queria ver alguna solucion mas economica antes de repintar. Bueno llego al lugar correcto.

Warning the next inspecction images may cause eye pains or headaches, please if you have heart conditions, please press the back button in your browser

Peligro las proximas imagenes de inspeccion pueden causar dolor de ojos o dolor de cabeza, por favor si tienen problemas de corazon, regresen a la pagina previa .

did they go off roading? i knew it would be a long dayy, so no time was wasted, lets start by prewash and the removal of the wing.

andubieron fuera de camino? ahi supe que seria un dia largo, asi que nada de tiempo fue perdido y comenzamos con el lavado y a sacar el spoiler.

now honda paint is soft (correccion wise) so i made some tests with the DA and still had some very deep scratches, so i steped up to a rotary in a 4 stage process:
    Wet Sanding (only some serious spots)
    fine wool pad ROT.
    cuting pad ROT.
    Finishing DA
    Polishing DA (and sealent)
    i was not very confident of the outcome because i could feel some scratches with my nail. but after the correccion stages i was impresed that we were able to do a very good correccion besides 2 scratches that were down to the metal.. well much better than a repaint.

Ahora la pintura de honda es blanda (en correccion) asi que hice algunas pruebas con la DA y todavia quedaban rayas profundas, asi que me pase a la otra pulidora en una etapa de 4 pasos:
    lija al agua (solo en zonas de alto dano)
    corte
    terminacion
    pulido
    sellado
    no estaba muy seguro de como quedaria, pero quede impresionado del nivel de correccion que se logro despues de ver el dano que tenia, solo quedaron unos 2 rayones profundos que llegaron muy profundos para correguir... pero mucho mejor que tener que repintar todo,

some 50/50 shots after cutting
    algunos 50/50 despues del corte

Here you can see a fender corrected (after cutting) and a door to go, look at the change in orange peel.
    aqui se puede ver un tapabarro correguido (despues del corte) y la puerta que esta como llego, miren el cambio en la cascara de naraja (textura)

fender corrected, trunk next- portamaletas falta, pilar terminado

some correcction shots-unas fotos corregido

now my dad took this shot in one of the doors, here you can realy apreciate how much it changed-ahora mi papa tomo esta foto en una de las puertas, aqui pueden apreciar el cambio drastico:

by now i was dead tired, and my polisher (rotary) started making grinding noises so i wished my machine and kept going. luckly it made it to the end...

ahora estaba muerto de cansado, y mi pulidora comenzo a meter ruidos de engranes, asi que le dedique buena suerte a mi maquina y segui trabajando nomas, hasta donde llegue. por suerte duro hasta el final.

now here are some final shots, i just love the way it came out. the first 2 were while removing the sealant, it shows some blue metalic flakes in the paint
    aqui hay unas fotos finales, me gusto mucho como quedo. las 2 primeras fotos fueron del encerado, se ve el azul metalico que estaba escondido tras rayas y tierra

nos some reflection shots: ahora unos reflejos:

GREAT JOB???BUEN TRABAJO??

then the plates were reinstalled and i gave the car a last touch detailer wipedown:
    despues se instalaron las placas y le di una pasada final con un detailer.

then the usual paperwork was filled and put inside the car (washing guide, service sheet, and 6 buisness cards+sticker jeje)

despues el papeleo fue llenado y puesto dentro del auto:

post finished... i wish i could put the full resolution pics that look awsome, but i have to compress them alot to save space and make them load faster.... writing this is like having to do the whole car twice again jaja. thanks for stoping by... keep polishing and shining

post terminado... me hubiera gustado poner las fotos en resolucion completa, pero ocupo comprimir bastante pata ahorrar espacio y para que se carguen rapido...escribir esto es como hacer todo el auto otras dos veces, gracias por tomar su tiempo para ver.

-Nelson Zapata
    www.advancedetail.webs.com
    Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Re: Advance Detail Chile-2008 Honda Civic SI (Rotary killer) lots of pics (100?!!)

wow! amazing job on the detail!
    2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
    Black Obsidian

Comment

Re: Advance Detail Chile-2008 Honda Civic SI (Rotary killer) lots of pics (100?!!)

I hope you charged him $1800.00 for that ! Great work . Nice Turnaround.
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

As always, awesome job Nelson. The car looks better than new.

I love the paperwork you put in the car for the customer. Very good idea.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

i really really like your business cards! Good job!

Comment

That's amazing! Fantastic job!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');