• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 year old fiat/hymer motorhome in need of some serious tlc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 year old fiat/hymer motorhome in need of some serious tlc

This was a task and half!

Paul the client called asking for some serious help.
    “I’m wanting my camper van cleaning within an inch of its life as im putting her up for sale”
    "Ok, give me about 10 minues and I will come and have a gander" I said
    When I got there I noticed a variety of old VAG motors including a T4 transporter day van thingy which I assumed was the vehicle in question.
    “She’s round back” Paul said and I followed suit to be greated by this nasty tired G plate fiat/hymer motor home.

I opted to call back with a quote knowing I would be against the odds I said I would have to turn the job away.
    After much persuasion I was gullible enough to give in and take it on.

Products used:
    Karcher 1201 vaporapid steam cleaner
    AS G101
    Valetex wash n wax
    Dodo juice buckets x 2
    Meguiars washmitt, meguiars MF mitt and flash chenille wash mop
    VP pH neutral snowfoam
    Craftchem rubber dressing
    Valetex lemon bumper gel
    Meguiars #84 , #83 , 3M finesse it
    Flex L1503vr polisher
    Lambswool polishing bonnets x 2
    3M yellow polishing pad x 2
    Valetex spray polish
    AS clear view
    Various brushes
    Mucho elbow grease
    Needless to say, mould everywhere so plenty of fiddly work with brushes and G101 round all trim areas, door areas etc.

Whole vehicle snowfoamed with G101 and VP pH neutral snowfoam then washed from roof down
    ( roof was interesting )
    Dried with standard flunky/leathers.
    Geoff hit the inside with domestic gusto whilst I scratched my head and wondered why the hell I took this job on.
    All side panelling was textured and found that valetex spray polish worked a treat in removing what slight dark lines there was and giving the paint a much needed lift.
    The front bumper, bonnet and upper tail end were all smooth but dull and in need of some attention so on with a bit of polishing wizrardry.

Bit of a 50/50

The bonnet was butchered so we removed it and sent away for paint.

After just over 6 hours with 2 people the motor was done and the question was “would we tackle another nasty thing like that again?”
    "We sure would!"

Not much content to this write up I know but it was a giggle and a much enjoyed day.
    Im back tomorrow to collect payment so will try and get some interior pictures, the inside was stunning afterwards.
    Beau Technique
    Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Happy days maxin the waxin.

Re: 20 year old fiat/hymer motorhome in need of some serious tlc

Pretty damn good looking. Now, did you get paid yet?

Comment

Thanks.
      Sure did get paid and client was blown away.
      Beau Technique
      Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Happy days maxin the waxin.

Comment

What a transformation. The motor home looks great.

Can't wait to see interior pics.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');