• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Fusion Detail (Pics Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Fusion Detail (Pics Inside)

My in-laws were away for the week and I had a great opportunity to do up my mother-in-law's Ford Fusion. It's a 07 or 08, 33k on the clock. Garaged and when cleaned, goes through a touchless wash but never have anyone really done a detail.

Her car can be cluttered and neglected but overall I am very happy with the results. It does have some swirls but I need a DA or Rotary before I attempt to take those out. But since the car is garaged, there is not a lot of them and the color helps hides stuff.

The really nice part was working in a garage space given all the Pollen in the air. I was able to let the wax haze before buffing off and had time to let it cure between coats.

Process:

Interior:
    Clean out trash
    Vacuumed
    Wipe Down Dash/console with Meg's Quick Int. Detail Mist
    Armor all Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (let soak in and wipe residue)
    Meg's Glass Cleaner

Exterior:
    Rinse (also Tire/Wheel Cleaner)
    Wash (Gold Class)
    Clay Bar (used existing water/speed detailer for lubrication)
    Rinse
    Dry (Water Blade/Microfiber)
    Tires- Meg's Hot Shine
    Glaze- Meg's Show Car Glaze
    Wax- #26 Hi Tech Yellow (Over night Cure)
    Wax- NXT 2.0 (12 hr. Cure)
    Mist/Wipe- Ult. Quick Detailer (I had to drive it and it got some pollen on it)

I was extremely pleased with the NXT 2.0 Wax as I let coat sit for at least 2 hours and then with a Terry Cloth Towel (bath type). It came off so easy and I totally recommend using it.

Most of all I really liked having access to a garage space where I could let the car sit and the wax cure and not have to battle the sun/weather/pollen.

Re: Ford Fusion Detail (Pics Inside)

Good job! Nice looking car.
    Don
    "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Thanks guys. A little smallish but rides dead straight, rattle free on the highway. It has original Michelin Tires on it.

Condition Leather feels so nice getting in and out too!

Comment

Great Job!

Did you apply M26, let sit overnight then apply NXT? If so, you should reverse that process and apply NXT, let sit overnight then M26. The reason is applying NXT over M26 basically gets rid of all the M26 where as the opposite application allows the NXT to stay in place.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
            Great Job!

Did you apply M26, let sit overnight then apply NXT? If so, you should reverse that process and apply NXT, let sit overnight then M26. The reason is applying NXT over M26 basically gets rid of all the M26 where as the opposite application allows the NXT to stay in place.
            Since the car was parked on a whim I added the NXT. Normally I do like you said NXT, then M26.

I generally never get the opportunity to let a car sit for over 12 hours in that garage.

Comment

Nice work, the car looks very nice.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Great job!

Comment

The Fusion looks great. Nice thing to do for the mother in law.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');