• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Mercury Montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Mercury Montego

2005 Mercury Montego, just a basic exterior/interior detail. Not too bad for a five year old car. A couple of areas required attention though, such as the baked on road tar and the completly trashed wheels that required steel wool.

A few befores:

Wash wheels, tires, and wells with Deep Crystal Car Wash, All Purpose Cleaner, and Wheel Brightener.

Wash car with Shampoo Plus and treat fenders and front end with Body Solvent:

After washing and drying the car, I pulled it into my garage. I looked at the wheels and I was extremly mad. The WB had no effect on them and steel wool only had effect on some of the areas. I was scared to use Steel Wool but I figured the owner would not really like freshly detailed paint, shiny tires, but yet have corroded wheels.

After steel wool and Glass Cleaner Concentrate:

Definitly not perfect, but improved. This was just a basic interior/exterior detail and that does not include this sort of thing. In a way I did this for free. I spent two hours on all four wheels, which took away time from doing the rest of the car and having it back by 4pm.

Baked on road tar or black highway paint. I used a combination of steel wool and an SOS pad. I then removed the marks from the SOS pad with #105 - Ultra Cut Compound and a terry cloth.

Trunk was vacummed and and jambs wiped out as per usual:

Interior was cleaned out with All Purpose Cleaner and then dressed with Quik Interior Detailer, leather seats were dressed with Gold Class Rich Leather Spray and a sock.

The exterior was lightly clayed, then waxed with #20 - Polymer Sealant via G110 and several W8207 pads at speed 4. The tires and wheelwells were dressed with All Season Dressing. Glass was cleaned with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1.

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 2005 Mercury Montego

Awesome work

Comment

Fantastic job on the Montego(BTW, that is a very nice, HIGHLY underrated car). Also, I applaud you for using steel wool (a delicate process to say the least).

Comment

Great results as always, Nick. The attention to detail is always outstanding. I bet the customer was very surprised at the huge improvement you made in their vehicle. Awesome results.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great Job. Glad to see you got that tar off. Just about all of my customers get it on their vehicles and it drives me insane.
          Matt

Comment

Originally posted by aris View Post
            Awesome work
            Thanks aris.

Originally posted by new2detailing View Post
            Fantastic job on the Montego(BTW, that is a very nice, HIGHLY underrated car). Also, I applaud you for using steel wool (a delicate process to say the least).
            Thanks I just had to be careful not to scratch the wheel, I used the Glass Cleaner Concentrate to clean it afterwards.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            Great results as always, Nick. The attention to detail is always outstanding. I bet the customer was very surprised at the huge improvement you made in their vehicle. Awesome results.
            Thanks J.A

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
            Great Job. Glad to see you got that tar off. Just about all of my customers get it on their vehicles and it drives me insane.
            Thanks.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Nice Car
              9S'Detailing Thailand

Comment

Originally posted by ESSO View Post