• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 VW Passatt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 VW Passatt

I wanted to share these. I hope this is ok. I was very excited to try out my new Meguiar's G110V2! This was the first car I used it on... a dark blue 2004 VW Passatt. I was so excited to use the G110V2 that I forgot to take some before pictures! Take my word for it... this car was used and abused inside and out. I know the owner well and I could tell you some stories that would make your head spin! It was so bad that when the owner recently took it in for a few repairs the VW dealership refused to fix the heated seat until he cleaned the interior! The owner showed me the dealerships notice on the repair order. I never heard of a dealership refusing to repair a car for these circumstances. That should give you a good idea of how bad it was. The paint was dull and had a lot of scratches, scrapes, dings, chips, etc. The metallic flake in the paint was barely noticeable after washing it.

I spent almost 8 hours on the paint. I washed it, used APC (10 to 1) on various areas- mostly the front bumper, clayed it with Meguiar's clay and Quick Detailer, used Ultimate Compound with yellow polish pad and ended with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax and a black polishing pad. I was pressed for time or I would have done more on it- more steps and different products. The car went from a dull rough sandpaper feeling to an unbelieveable slickness! I couldn't stop touching the paint! There are still some scratches that I wasn't able to get out, but under the circumstances I was pleased with the outcome. I noticed somewhat of an orange peel finsih on this car. I think you can see that in some of the pictures. I also see what looks like a spot I missed... a little wax in the door handle. Be gentle on me.

P.S. I was hesitant to try Ultimate Compound fearing I might do some damage, but after first trying Swirl-X and seeing very little improvement I went to Ultimate Compound. After using Ultimate Compound and getting some courage I felt I probably could have went up a step to #105 Ultra Cut Compound. I don't have any of it and I'm a little scared to try it. LOL! I'm told that the Meguiar's W7006 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Cutting Pad probably isn't something I want to use with #105 because of the risk of damage. Feedback/advice appreciated... I'm learning. Thanks guys/gals!

Re: 2004 VW Passatt

The VW looks brand new. Great work. The G110 is great to use. Congrats.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

You restored shine and pop in the flake of the color. Very good job!

Comment

Nice job... look awsome.

Ill be getting my G110 soon .

Thats incredible how people neglects their vehicles.
        Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
        Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
        Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It is much appreciated!

Comment

Really nice work! Great first attempt and good photos of the end result.

P.S. I was hesitant to try Ultimate Compound fearing I might do some damage, but after first trying Swirl-X and seeing very little improvement I went to Ultimate Compound. After using Ultimate Compound and getting some courage I felt I probably could have went up a step to #105 Ultra Cut Compound. I don't have any of it and I'm a little scared to try it. LOL! I'm told that the Meguiar's W7006 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Cutting Pad probably isn't something I want to use with #105 because of the risk of damage. Feedback/advice appreciated... I'm learning. Thanks guys/gals!
            That was me two weeks ago. I have been part-time polishing cars for about a year or so, and mostly for free (friends and family).

2 weeks ago I worked on a 10 year old black Miata with really hammered paint (deep scratches and RIDS). I started off with M205 and a polishing pad, but that made absolutely no headway on the damaged paint. I went next with UC on a polishing pad, but the Miata chuckled at my attempts. Next up was M105/polishing pad. Now the Miata was getting annoyed, but I was removing the defects.

For some of the most heavily damaged paint though, I had to use my cutting pads for the first time, and I used them with M105. I was expecting some heavy marring, but when I pulled the car into the sunlight for post polishing inspection, I was pleasantly surprised to see no marring.

Every polishing job builds your confidence to use new polishes, pads, and technique. Best of luck

Comment

Thanks CC! I appreciate the response and sharing your experience and advice. You have me wanting to get some M105 and 205 and a cutting pad. LOL!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');