• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 F-150 King Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F-150 King Ranch

After buying my KR back in late 04', I really hadn't given it a real good detail to address the dealership introduced swirls (which were very minor) nor the ARE LSII Lid swirls that were numerous.

Products utilized:

Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    Grit Guard Insert
    #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish
    #80 Speed Glaze
    #16 Professional Paste Wax
    NEW NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste
    Safe D-Greaser
    Gold Class Endurance High Gloss
    Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner
    NEW Quik Interior Detailer
    NEW NXT Generation Glass Cleaner
    Ultimate Wipes

Here are a few pictures...

Watch Out for that Explorer!

Stairway to Heaven... urr.. My House

Wheels/Tires...

The Ugly Guy Reflection Picture...

My fiberglass lid, hood and two quarter-panels recieved a #83/#80/#16(2) treatment. The rest of the truck just recieved #16 as it wasn't in bad shape in the least.

Tires recieved Endurance High Gloss and the wells were cleaned with Safe D-Greaser and dressed with Endurance. Wheels were treated with NXT Paste.

This one took almost 10 hours (mainly because of that darn lid - gosh that paint was hard).

What do you all think!?

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

The truck looks great, I especially love the tailgate reflection. Was the lid oem, or was that an aftermarket add-on?

Comment

Looks Great! What do you think of the black now that you have had it for a while? How do you like the new truck?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks folks! It's raining today (go figure)...

Oh well, at least I know the swirls are gone (especially off of my lid).

The ARE LSII is an aftermarket product that is specially made for each application. It's probably the most common of the fiberglass tonneaus that are on the market but, in turn, in my opinion, it's one of the highest quality lids as well. I have nothing but good things to say about the lid... it's solid!

As for black... aye aye aye...

It's a labor of love. I love to hate it in fact. When it's clean and swirl-free, there's no other color that I'd rather have...

When I start noticing swirls (like the ones that were on the lid), I cringe knowing that it's going to take a lot of work to really get it back to par.

I take so many precautions to attempt to prevent reintroduction but, we all know that they'll be back at one point in time. Tis life and, like I said, a labor of love.

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Great work. The Wheel and Tire pic and the stairway pic are my favorite.

Comment

Great work RP!!

Yep, dark colors are a love hate relationship! But like you say, when it is swirl free etc....ah...it looks awesome!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim/Scrub!

I just noticed that my pooch is peering out the front door at me... probably wondering why in the world I was out there without her. LOL!

RP
              -The Final Detail-
              Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Looking good.

Eric
                Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Looks really nice.... I know that took a lot of work, great job!

I spent all last weekend here cleaning up my Grand Prix and my wife's Grand Am since it the weather was so nice only to have it snow on Sunday night just enough for them to salt and sand the roads over again! I was kind of like....

Your right about black... Can't keep it clean and dust free, but sure like trying!

Later,
                  Tom

Comment

Nice work, Rockpick!!!!

i do not have a ford but my black o3 silverado has a tonneau cover to match my existing paint. looks great and keeps everything in the box in place and dry. but.....ooohhh does it create more work. there is a whole lot of area there to keep shiny and swirl free.

My hat is off to you!
                    cwcad

Say what you do...Do what you say!

Comment

Thanks again folks!
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

RockPick,

Nice work. I have some beef though about what you did to your tonneau. You applied #83, #80 and #16. Did you apply it with a PC?

My understanding is fiberglass is much softer than regular paint, thus you have to go easy on it, and polishes might be too abrasive for it. What do you think?

When detailing my mom's fiberglass tonneau I only washed it and applied NXT Wax while the rest of the truck got polished.

FL

Comment

Yes... it was PC applied.

I'm not certain how to explain what I experienced. All I can attest to is that the paint was, indeed, difficult to work with as it seemed to be very hard. Maybe it was the guy with the PC in his hands or maybe it was technique... or, maybe it was just really hard? It is a clearcoated paint just like my truck...

Not sure what else to tell you honestly...

RP
                          -The Final Detail-
                          Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Very nice looking, Rockpick!

Fabolous job!

Chris
                            Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord