• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N00bie here... My hatch finally gets some lovin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N00bie here... My hatch finally gets some lovin

There still some things I'd like to do before I call this a finished product. Theres still some minor swirling on both doors because I decided to only go over them once with both the med. cut cleaner and polish. The hood and the back of the car still need the lovin. The whole process consisted of two passes of the the med. cut cleaner (Meguiars #1) and another two passes with the polish (Meguiars #7); one coat of meguiars #26 (high tech yellow wax), and one coat of Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax (I think its #9 but I'm not sure).
    Total time spent on this job: 2 hours.

The condition of the paint on a scale of 1-10 before I started this project was a good solid 4. There were a **** load of transer marks, medium swirling on the doors, Heavy swirling and marring on the roof of the car, and there was plenty of oxidation. On the paint that was not fixable was some deep etching caused by what looks to be tree sap and there is one very minor buffer burn on the driver side from an inexperienced rotary user(not me).

Oops wrong forum. Could I have a mod/admin move this to the show off forum please?

Comment

Consider it done!!

Great job by the way!!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thx 2hot

Comment

awesome job on the paint... how it looks like your weather striping, trim and tires need some hyper dressing

Comment

Yea I know the plastic and rubber needs some loving, I just need to buy the products and get off my lazy rear to put it on.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');