• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New black Santa Fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New black Santa Fe

Hey everyone,

Its been a long time since i posted last but have been very very busy with family, home, and work. I just bought for my wife a new 2011 Santa Fe in Phantom Black Metallic. I will be giving it a good wash and waxing in the AM. Funny thing was when I bought it the salesperson said all they needed to do with it was wash it and do a last minute mechanical checks. I told her no to the was with eyes as wide as saucers she looked at me and asked "you don't want us to wash it". NO is don'. " But you will be taking a dirty car". That's fine I said. she asked me atleast 4 more times if I ws sure that I didn't want them to wash it. NO NO NO and NO. lol.... the best was explaining it to the sales manenger so i had to break out the DISO knowledge and he laughed about that. here are some pictures of my wife's new ride.

2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Re: New black Santa Fe

Congrats on the new ride! My Parents are deciding on between that or the Tucson for their next vehicle.

Comment

Good move not letting them give you the DISO!

Comment

Nice job! Paint is in really nice shape! Good color too; similar one on my Honda Civic.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

thanks guys for the comments. change of plans I will be washing and waxing it on sunday instead. I will post pictures when its done. We had a 2003 expedition that was nothing but a headache for us. I have a 99 f150 and I was sinking less money into a 12 year old vehicle than I was on the 8 year old vehicle. The'03 overheated on us 3 times(of course I was working and couldn't leave and help the wife out)all three times it took over 2 gallons of coolant to get the air slug out. The last time both my wife and I think it was God's way of saying get rid of it because we have a road trip to Florida in 10 days. I checked the oil and it was a dark chocolate brown not the typical black color of used oil. Took it to a repair shop and the performed a pressure test and it proved my thoughts on the use of fluid. It was not leaking externally but was leaking internally.yep blown head gasket with coolant entering the oil. I had them change the oil and took right to a dealer to trade in. I then found out after they ran a carfax on it that it was in a accident 7 months before we bought it. This accident must have been a front impact due to all the problems we where having with it. I now have a totally reliable vehicle to make the trip in that will get much better fuel economy than the big 5.4 liter V-8 in the expedition. Plus I bought an extended bumper to bumper warranty. the vehicle now is covered for 10 years /120,000 miles bumper to bumper plus the standard Hyundai 10year/100,000 mile drive train. should never have to worry about anything except wear items for the entire time we own this vehicle.

Andrew

Comment

Good move stopping them from screwin' up your new car. Ole Lester has his name plastered all over that thing, just like car dealers are prone to do. Are they payin' you an advertising fee? I hate when they do that even when you tell them not to.

Comment

the LG plate frames will be gone when the reg gets here and the lettering on the paint will also be gone. I also hate when they do this. I would only think about leaving if I was being given a very large sum of cash to advertise for them. I am not getting an advertising fee so is will be gone. LOL

Comment

My wife also drives a Santa Fe and absolutely loves it! Congrats on the new ride!..Great color too
                Bill Poirier
                West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

thanks Bill for the comments. My wife and I had been toying with the idea of bringing another black vehicle back into the family. I had a black 94 splash got rid of it for the WRX I had. The expedition I saw on the dealers wedsite when we bought her 03 was black but was sold before I could get there so we got her the 03 instead. Now we got the '11 Santa Fe even though its much smaller than the expedition we traded in she is really happy with it. It has many standard features that we didn't even have on expedition.

Andrew

Comment

Hyundai has the best dollar to value ratio on the market....you will be very happy with that car...I have a black 07 Sonata and my son has a silver one...we're a Hyundai family!
                    Bill Poirier
                    West Seneca, NY 14224

Comment

hi andrew congrats on the new ride... i did the same thing when my g/f got her scion t/c ..they couldnt believe we didnt want it washed..lol.. iam sure your gonnna make it look sweet.. cant wait to see the after pics
                      RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

The new Santa Fe's are quite the little ride! Love the color too! Oh how I hope GM uses their new black diamond metallic on more cars than just the CTS-V!
                        My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

hey everyone,

I was able to actually get the washing and waxing of our newest ride done today. I washed with Hyper Wash, clayed with Meg's mild detailer clay w/Last touch cut 50/50 for lube, and put 2 coats of the best wax for dark(black) cars that I had Meg's M26. I did no paint correction has the paint was perfect since I denied the car dealer the chance of providing me with the free option of DISO. LOL Tires and plastic trim got ASD. Hope everyone is ready for some great reflections. I do have a few things on the paint that only showed up after waxing that I will need some opinions on as to the best ways of removing them. Post all opinions and comments. here is the after pictures.

AFTER

I am very pleased with the hyundai paint as it seems to have very little to no orange peel.

These next pictures show what I am trying to remove but I need other opinions I tried everything I could but I just couldn't get rid of it.

OLD GLORY

Thanks for viewing

Andrew
                          Last edited by onawrxhigh; Apr 3, 2011, 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It looks fantastic!....great job!
                            Bill Poirier
                            West Seneca, NY 14224

Comment

Thanks Bill. Any ideas on how to remove those items in the paint. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');