• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first review with 21 and general comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first review with 21 and general comments

Hi everyone,

I've had a couple of days off of work, so I figured I would give my car good detail as this winter here in Indiana was hard on it, plus the fact that it hadn't had a good coat of wax since last fall.

I started to wash the car with NXT wash using a foam gun that I just purchased and when I first starting using it, the foam came out fine, but it wasn't rinsing very well, as it still kept spraying foam. I removed it and went back to the wash bucket, but this time I opted for Gold Class since I haven't used it before. I did mess with the sprayer later it was rinsing okay, so not sure what was up with that. I cleaned the wheels by spraying wheel brightener on the wheels and then using my new Safety tip spoke wheel brush for the hard to reach areas and also used a versa angle wheel brush for the remaining part of the wheels and rinsed well. I then used APC on the tires and wheel wheels, and agitated the tires with the versa angle tire brush and rinsed.

Next I clayed the car while it was still wet and used Last touch as my lubricant and dried the car with a microfiber towel. It really made the car slick feeling again.

I examined the paint and it had a few minor scratches, so instead of using 83 with the DAP, I opted for sratch X by hand and it worked great. I then broked out 80 with the DAP with a 8006 polishing pad using a speed of 5 went over the entire car wiping off each section as I went. For what was left to do by hand, due to the polisher not fitting well in certain places, I used 81 hand polish and a foam applicator.

Then it was time to try out the new 21 Synthetic Sealant. I again used my DAP with a 9006 finishing pad at a speed of about 3.5 and applied a thin coat to the entire car. When it came time to remove it, I started with a an ultimate bonet on on my DAP with a speed at 5, but noticed that it was so easy to remove, I opted for a ultimate wipe and removed it by hand. It was so easy to remove, I was very impressed. I waited about 2 hours and repeated this step again as I wanted to two thin layers.

Once I was finished, I dressed the tires with NXT insane shine, I love this stuff cause it makes the tires really dark and shiney and it's the only thing I've used with no sling. Every other product I have used has ended up leaving sling spots all over my black car. I cleaned the windows with NXT Glass cleaner and used Plast-X on head lamps and tail lights and I was done. I was worn out, but done!

Sorry if this was a little long winded, an no "cracks" about the driveway! haha...

So here are my pics, sorry, I didn't have the camera with me to take any before pics when I started this...

http://meguiarsonline.com/gallery/da...Side_SHot1.jpgcracks

let me try that again...

Comment

Your car looks great! I want to go home and give my car the spring cleaning treatment now! It's starting to finally warm up here in VT, so it won't be much longer until I can spend a whole w/n on my car!!
      1999 Ford Contour SVT
      Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
      1966/2760

Comment

Looking really good Tom - great reflections.

Is your car metallic? Mine is black non metallic and i have to be real careful with clay. scratchX etc as the paint is so soft.

When i got my house the drive was just like yours. it was the first thing i changed Best not repeat what the girlfriend said....

Rob

Comment

Great write-up and great looking car. I really like what 21 brings to the table on dark colors, your paint looks so wet especially in the last shot.

Comment

Thanks Rob66,

it's not metallic, the sun was just starting to go down, which made for the best time to take pics.

As for the driveway, i'm waiting on my brother who has a dumptruck and a backhoe to replace it this summer, which is going to be lots cheaper than if I hired someone...

Comment

Thanks much Travisdecpn...

Comment

Certainly looks good Tom, great looking car the Pontiac.

Have a good weekend lets hope the weather stays dry..

Rob

Comment

WoW!!!Looks GREAT! those are some great pictures. Those reflections are impressive. I can't wait to try out the #21.

Comment

Awesome!!!!!

Thanks for the great write up and taking the time to upload all those great pics too.

Nice.

Comment

Thanks much Scrub, and Razor...

Scub I also appreciate your willingness to help....

Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');