• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Result is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Result is Out

After gathering all the information for the wet look combo from the experts here, I finally got down to work with my new combo and methods.

Wash -> Clay -> Wash -> #80 with W8000 & rotatry -> #80 with W8006 with DA polisher -> Mother's Sealer & Glaze with 3M polishing waffle pad -> NXT 3M polishing waffle pad -> 2nd day NXT hy hand -> 3rd day Soft99 AUthentic Gold wax by hand.

From this process, I realized that using #80 with a rotarty actually gives a better result as compare to a DA polisher and applying NXT with a DA polisher is another big improvement as compare to hand application. I understand that to make the system more complete I should have used #7 instead of Mother's S&G. As for the wax, it is an offer from my friend. It is a non abbrasive carnauba wax. Following are the result, all photos taken in bright day light.

wow... That looks great! Very nice good work!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Gen2! This is a superb job! I guess this is the sleekest Gen.2 I've ever seen on the road. Keep up the good work and make my home country made car shine!
      zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Awesome results! great depth bro. and I like the customary reflection shot of the hood. No swirls...

Soft99 Gold user here too. From time to time, I use this wax to top NXT. One of the best killer combos IMO when looking for great depth.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the comments. In fact it took me quite some time to decide to post my photo in this forum. In my process a few other brands of product were mentioned and I really hope the die hard fans here will not mind . My primary motive is to share some good experience with you guys here.

In fact I am getting to like #80 even more after trying it out with the rotatry. The result is really amazing. And all this I have to give the credit to the video demonstration in Meguiar's web site on how to remove paint defects.
          And not to forget about NXT, you guys should really try applying it and removing it with a DA polisher, the result is again AMAZING. .

Comment

Geez...That looks amazing!

Nice work and choice of products!

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Nice looking car, is it a Proton?

Alex
              Mandarina Racing

Comment

Comment

we're all adults here..we can talk about other brands right!!

why did you mention you should have used #7 instead of Mothers sealer/glaze?? just wondering...as the Mothers SG sounds like a pretty good choice actually after #80.

I find the SG to be one of those 'sleeper' products that does not get any credibility around these type of detailing forums!

good work BTW..

Comment

Hi MandarinaRacing, you are right. It is a Proton Gen2.

Hi Karll, please do not think that I am putting down Mother's products. What I meant is every wax company tends to have products that compliment with their own cleaner, polish and wax, they works as a system. Since I started with #80 than I think #7 should compliment better with #80 and NXT. Likewise if I started with Mother's paint cleaner and end with Mother's pure Carbauna Wax than I think Sealer and Glaze will be a better choice instead. Cheers.

There is also one observation regarding NXT that I like to share. I found that laying NXT aftter 24 hrs gives a better result and the real difference comes in when you layer the 3rd coat. Try it out and you will see what I mean.
                    Last edited by Gen2; Apr 26, 2005, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');