• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun pics & dusk reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun pics & dusk reflections

Finally I got some full sun and good reflection shots after the car's 1st full detailing since the accident. Enjoy...

PS, I have no idea why detailing and trim have become hyperlinks...I've noticed that they did the same thing in other people's posts

The interior has GC Trim Detailer on it that was applied a week ago, it's nowhere near as shiny as the pics make it look.

The tires also have trim detailer on them applied last night

Last edited by Don; May 1, 2005, 04:34 PM.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Nice Don

Your car always looks good.
    r. b.

Comment

Looks good!

How did the paint match up after the wreck?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        Looks good!

How did the paint match up after the wreck?
        There is a shade more orange peel in some areas of the new paint (probably due to the amount of buffing I did on the factory paint) but only someone that's obsessive enough to join MOL, Autopia, Detail City etc, would notice. I suppose if I got some 2500 paper I could even it out, but as much as I polish the car it figure it's better to leave as much paint on as I can

As for color-matching, I think I can see which panels were painted and which ones weren't but I think that's more a function of me knowing that the front clip, roof and passenger door were not painted.

Truthfully I think it's in my head. They did an EXCELLENT match.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Sounds like they did a good job....

Do you think it helps that you have taken care of the paint prior to the accident keeping the color, no fade/oxidation?

My s10 Xtreme took a good front end hit in 2000, the truck had 7500 miles on it, they did a nice job with the paint but the rest of the truck rattled and clattered all the way down the road from then on but it looked good.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');