• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday afternoon relaxin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday afternoon relaxin'

A friend of mine had purchased a '97 MB E320 about 9 months ago for his wife and they had never had a chance to have it detailed. And by the looks of it, neither had the original owner.

Finally finding a day off that the weather did not turn inclement, I headed over there right after they had brought their car back from a local car wash I use for my vehicles.

I started off with a new claybar and plenty of QD. I thought I had taken off plenty of contamination before on my Buick when I first got it. This takes the cake! I took the advice on this forum and broke the claybar apart into 3 pieces, thinking I'd use one up, move onto another, and still be able to use the second one a few more times. Not the case. I went through all three pieces of claybar on the vehicle and discarded them all when I was finished. I would not have been comfortable reusing them on another vehicle. About this time, my friend came up to his MB and never knew that paint was supposed to feel that smooth.

The next steps were easy, and as usual a little time consuming.

#83 applied with the PC, follow by PC applied #81, (although I'm going to try out #80 next time after using #83), and finished it all off with PC applied NXT wax.

I apologize for not taking any "before" pics. The skies looked a little ominous overhead, so I wasted no time whenever I could. But here are a few after pics. They started snapping pictures before I had a chance to apply a dressing to the undercarriage doorsills.

There's my lil '03 C320 4-matic in the background

My friend and his wife immediately commented that they were happy that the DIO swirl-marks had been removed!

A big thanks to everyone here at the Meguiarsonline forum for posting their tips, tricks, and advice to beginners such as myself. The information provided here has paid off in spades.
    Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

You got the E320 looking good...

If a claybar isn't too grungy, I'll keep it for use on glass or wheels. But if I drop it on the ground it's adios!

Comment

Originally posted by SwipeTest
      If a claybar isn't too grungy, I'll keep it for use on glass or wheels. But if I drop it on the ground it's adios!
      Normally I keep them too, but that claybar was a one-shot, one kill deal with the finish on that MB!
      Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

great work! awsome results!
        #80 cuts and #81 doesn't. If you don't have any marring from #83 when your done I would stay with #81, no reason to cut the paint more than you need to. I have to follow #83 with #80 to get the micromarring off.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Nice work Lew.
          r. b.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');