• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Toyota Prerunner - #6 & #26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Toyota Prerunner - #6 & #26

Here are some shots of a Toyota Prerunner I detailed this weekend. Total Time spent on this was about 6 hours.
    It is a very new car and didn't have any real flaws in it. Most of my time was spent on the front getting rid of the bugs!
    Steps:
    1 - Washed with Gold Class
    2 - Paint was relatively smooth so I just used Clay where it was needed
    3 - ScratchX on Front to remove all bug residue and etching
    4 - #6 applied with PC and Hand where needed.
    5 - #26 applied by hand
    6 - Hot Shine Tire Coating (aerosol version)
    7 - Trim Detailer applied to mirrors, handles and other various parts of the vehicle
    8 - Vacuum and wipe down of interior

Results:

THis is the first time I have ever used #6 and I thought it did a good job. The paint felt and looked very clean which is what a cleaner wax is suppose to do, right? But how much protection does this offer?
    Also, Was it a waste of time following #6 with #26?

Thanks,
    Gary

2005 Toyota Prerunner - #6 & #26

Awesome Job on the PreRunner
    I have a 04' 4-Runner and I can't get the bug and tar residue off of the front bumper.
    Can you explain what you did to get that off with Scratch-X.
    I do have Scratch-X, but I haven't had much luck with it.

Dee
    Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

I just applied it on a applicator pad and worked it in until all residue and etching was gone. I just work a small section at a time until I am pleased with the results.Sometimes it takes more than one attempt.
      In my experience, I know that if the bugs are left for a long period of time, they are harder to remove and that sometimes all the etching cannot be totally removed but it can be reduced so it is barley visible.
      Gary

Comment

the color is just beautiful ...very nice job!!!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');