• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick pict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick pict

Just so you don't forget what the Aurora looks like...

1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

How could we forget about a great looking Aurora. What did you use to prep and protect the surface.

Eric
    Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

You missed a spot...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I forget what the zr1 looks like.

Comment

I too have an Aurora, but I added intake, new intake manifold and run 93 octane. Working on the Quad exhaust pipes like yourself. Dyno proved 273 HP and I'm working on some 18-20" rims.

I am waiting upon picture development, and I'll give you a glimpse of what MY baby looks like.

My first car, HS graduation present, but I eneded up paying 3k out of my pocket for it. My parents gave me 3k and I covered the rest.

-Nick
          1998 White Olds Aurora
          V8 260HP

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
            How could we forget about a great looking Aurora. What did you use to prep and protect the surface.

Eric
            I thought this might be a neat thing to guess, and I bet a few people could. I mean, all products look pretty great, but the car has sort of a typical "look" in that picture, at least it does to me.

I washed it with #00, hit the wheels with Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner, and dried it off. Then I debugged it with GC Bug & Tar Remover. The car might benefit from a spot claying, but it wasn't too bad.

I didn't really want to take a long time, but the paint needed some cleaning more than the wash. So I hit it with some Klasse AIO which worked great on the light water spotting and such. The Aurora doesn't get the attention it once did. I was torn on what to put on next, #16 seemed an obvious choice, but I still have some Pinnalce Signature Series I never even tried. Then I figured, well it has AIO, why not put on SG. I've never Klassed the Aurora before. It looked nice, definitely a shiny look. Very good looking, though, and nice and slick Then the next day I just felt like doing something else. So I went over the car with Z6 and then applied a layer of Z5 to it.

It's a different look than the carnauba look the car usually has. But it looks great all the same. We'll see how the look grows on me and how long it stays clean for, etc.

I will say this, the very high-reflection look definitely is more of a head-turner in that it isn't subtle. The deep, wet look is more of my favorite, but it takes more attention to appreciate.
            Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            You missed a spot...

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
            I forget what the zr1 looks like.
            Pick up the December issue of GM High-Tech Performance...

But to tide you over:

Originally posted by nick1897
            I too have an Aurora, but I added intake, new intake manifold and run 93 octane. Working on the Quad exhaust pipes like yourself. Dyno proved 273 HP and I'm working on some 18-20" rims.
            Sweet! You've got a PM.
            1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
            2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
            1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I'll have to admit, that's the best looking Aurora that I've ever seen.
              r. b.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');