• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

    Originally posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Just to confirm. Should this be used under ultimate paste or on top of?
    In my opinion as a stand alone given the 1 year longevity claim.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

      Thanks. Nick seemed to think the "ultimate finish" would a combo of this with Ultimate Wax, but I see your point for sure. Interested to get some additional information from Nick as well.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

        Would not be a problem to top it or top another product with it based on Nick's comments. I just prefer to enjoy this as the base layer and reapply when needed instead of topping it off. Same goes for topping it over another product which would limit it's longevity. Waste of product. Just my personal feeling on it.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

          Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          Hopefully this link works. Mr. Stoops demoing the new fast finish.

          https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21139304577292
          You know, it's really more than fine to call me "Mike" - no need to be so formal, especially after the Cadillac encounter at the LA Auto Show last year!

          Originally posted by KyleGates View Post
          This has me thinking of Sonax Polymer Net Shield and if it performs anything like it, it will be awesome. Definitely going to be trying this one.
          Great as that product is, Ultimate Fast Finish is far easier to apply and leaves a much slicker finish when you're done. Durability should be superior with UFF as well.
          Michael Stoops
          Senior Global Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Inc.

          Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

            Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
            Great as that product is, Ultimate Fast Finish is far easier to apply and leaves a much slicker finish when you're done. Durability should be superior with UFF as well.
            Well that's just great, I was already excited to try it. Now i really cant wait.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

              Will UFF be able to protect glass and chrome, such as on bumpers and wheels?

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                Originally posted by Gobigred View Post
                Will UFF be able to protect glass and chrome, such as on bumpers and wheels?
                This was designed & tested for use on painted surfaces, if you were to get over-spray on a porous trim surface, the product wipes right off. We can't recommend using it on glass & chrome as it was not designed or tested for those surfaces, but, we would imagine users will experiment.
                Nick Winn
                Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, CA
                nawinn@meguiars.com
                800-854-8073 ext 3845

                CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                  New Users _ This is a "poke the bear" post. Not meant to be serious. Just bring up memories for us old folks.

                  Nick, Is Meguiar's A111 16 what I am supposed to use before using the new Fast Finish?

                  Note my plush microfiber tool to remove it is to the right in the photo. It comes with an automatic dampener if needed.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

                  (Of course, we all know to keep our pets away from chemical products. Valentine is just here for another photo shoot)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                    This would be perfect for clear-coated wheels.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                      Can't wait to give this a go!
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                        Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
                        New Users _ This is a "poke the bear" post. Not meant to be serious. Just bring up memories for us old folks.

                        Nick, Is Meguiar's A111 16 what I am supposed to use before using the new Fast Finish?

                        Note my plush microfiber tool to remove it is to the right in the photo. It comes with an automatic dampener if needed.
                        [IMG][/IMG]

                        (Of course, we all know to keep our pets away from chemical products. Valentine is just here for another photo shoot)
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                          Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
                          New Users _ This is a "poke the bear" post. Not meant to be serious. Just bring up memories for us old folks.

                          Nick, Is Meguiar's A111 16 what I am supposed to use before using the new Fast Finish?

                          Note my plush microfiber tool to remove it is to the right in the photo. It comes with an automatic dampener if needed.
                          [IMG][/IMG]

                          (Of course, we all know to keep our pets away from chemical products. Valentine is just here for another photo shoot)
                          LOL, to be honest I have never even seen a picture of the product you have there Old Bear!
                          Nick Winn
                          Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
                          Meguiar's Inc.
                          Irvine, CA
                          nawinn@meguiars.com
                          800-854-8073 ext 3845

                          CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                            Originally posted by Nicholas Winn View Post
                            Sorry I did not state UV protection specifically earlier but what I meant by "protecting against the sun" is yes, Ultimate Fast Finish and all of Meguiar's waxes have UV protection and UV inhibitors.
                            can you please clarify by what you mean by uv protection and uv inhibitors?

                            I get confused because Optimum has their Car Wax which they explain has UV "inhibitors" which actively protect against UV like Sunscreen, while their Opti-Seal and Coatings are said to passively protect by providing a shield between the sun and the paint.

                            Further more, Optimum car wax claims that their UV "inhibitors" will permeate to the clear coat and replenish the lost UV inhibitors in the clear coat. Has Meguiars done any testing to prove that their waxes/quik waxes are capable of such things too?

                            I use both d156 and Optimum car wax...and only reason I use OCW is because I want to replenish clear coat's uv protection. I would ditch it if D156 can do that.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                              Originally posted by KidDetailer View Post
                              can you please clarify by what you mean by uv protection and uv inhibitors?

                              I get confused because Optimum has their Car Wax which they explain has UV "inhibitors" which actively protect against UV like Sunscreen, while their Opti-Seal and Coatings are said to passively protect by providing a shield between the sun and the paint.

                              Further more, Optimum car wax claims that their UV "inhibitors" will permeate to the clear coat and replenish the lost UV inhibitors in the clear coat. Has Meguiars done any testing to prove that their waxes/quik waxes are capable of such things too?

                              I use both d156 and Optimum car wax...and only reason I use OCW is because I want to replenish clear coat's uv protection. I would ditch it if D156 can do that.
                              "UV Protection" and "UV Inhibitors" are basically two different ways of saying the same thing. Waxes and sealants almost always contain some level of UV light blockers (a third way to say the same thing - ain't semantics grand?!?!?!) that provide another layer of protection for the paint. But since all waxes and sealants are rather fleeting in their staying power - they are always referred to as "sacrificial barriers" - the level of UV protection they provide is also fleeting. Consider, too, that any wax or sealant coating is only fractions of a micron thin so their UV protection is going to be rather thin as well. Coatings vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but even the thickest of them is still fractions of a micron thin; some of them measure their thickness in nanometers, and 1 nanometer is equivalent to 0.001 microns (or from the other perspective, 1000 nanometers equals 1 micron) so they are still very, very thin. But coatings are far more durable than waxes and sealants so any additional UV protection they bring to the table (or paint, as the case may be) is going to stick around a lot longer.

                              As for any UV protection actually physically migrating from the coating into the OEM clear coat........hmmmmm.......not so sure about that one, honestly. Given that modern clear coats are essentially a thermoset resin composed of long chain polymers that cross link and bind, it's highly suspect that anything is going to migrate into it and become part of the clear itself, replacing any native UV protection built into the clear coat formulation. Could some migrate into the porous structure of the paint surface? Sure, but then so do waxes, sealants, pure polishes, etc. That does not make them part of the clear, however.
                              Michael Stoops
                              Senior Global Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Inc.

                              Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

                                It seems that we are getting to the point where we have these new waxes, sealants or whatever paint protection with much more durability with the ease of use (I think) of spray waxes/booster products. After seeing the product demo for the Ultimate Fast Finish, this product from what the demo shows and as long as usage instructions are followed, this seems to be an incredibly easy to use product. Not a bad thing at all, since I believe most of us (car guys or not) don't have that luxury of time, having a product like this which offers durability and ease of use is definitely a welcome sight.

                                I still find fulfillment and joy in more traditional application and removal of waxes and synthetic sealants (paste or liquid).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X