• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Conditioner

I was just curious if the Leather Conditioner has Lanolin in it? From what I understand, this is one of the best ingrediants for leather care.

Thanks and nice looking site

Cujo
    John ' Cujo ' Barnett
    Retired Detailer

Cujo

This should help you www.properautocare.com/newsletter19.html
    Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Excellent! Thank you Honda.

Cujo
      John ' Cujo ' Barnett
      Retired Detailer

Comment

Great post there Honda....

That really makes a lot of things considerably more clear. I've utilized Lexol in my King Ranch SuperCrew since I bought it with stellar results. I also own a bottle of Meguiars Medallion Leather Conditioner and think that it's a very good product as well...

I use both in a rotating schedule (one, then the other)... so far, for a 2001 model that has been in and out of a bunch, it looks EXCELLENT.

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Each one Help one Then we ALL can learn Guys I love this stuff I love it so much that I do it full time.
          Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Currently I am using Pinnacle Leather Lotion, Meguiars Leather Conditioner, and Poorboys Natural Look ... all with nice results. That link helped clear a lot of things up I didnt realize that Lanolin made the surface VERY slick ... or that its made from sheep sweat? haha
            John ' Cujo ' Barnett
            Retired Detailer

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo31
              ...or that its made from sheep sweat? haha
              Well... just as long as you aren't making the sheep sweat. LOL!

Thanks again Honda!
              -The Final Detail-
              Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Oh man Rock that was just wrong! ROFL

So what are some of the BEST Conditioners out there? Is there one universal product that can do everything? I dont want to carry 5 bottles of different products on my routes you know?

Cujo
                John ' Cujo ' Barnett
                Retired Detailer

Comment

In that case, just carry two...

One would be the Aloe Cleaner and Aloe Conditioner...

I hear that both are AWESOME products... Lexol is great stuff too... as is Medallion...

The choice is yours.
                  -The Final Detail-
                  Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

I've always been impressed with Lexol's leather products. The cleaner is excellent, as is the conditioner. I rotate the conditioner with Pinnacle because Pinnacle just smells so dang good. The Lexol conditioner smells ok (to me) but I wish it smelled more leathery.

I have some Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner but I don't really care for it much.

That article was very interesting. I've tried APC+ on leather before because it was incredibly dirty... I can't go back and undo it. I didn't notice any adverse effects, but I guess it wasn't a very good idea... I've also heard of a fair amount of people using diluted Woolite to clean leather.
                    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I really don't think a 'one-step' product can adequately take care of most leathers.

Of course, this is going to be dependent upon NUMEROUS criteria including age, shape of the leather, type of dirt/grime, clearcoated or not...etc..etc...

I don't have clearcoat on my leather. Most leathers, however, are clearcoated.

Many suggest that you shouldn't condition clearcoated leather which is wrong. It's just like saying you shouldn't wax your vehicle because it has clearcoat. The clearcoat needs nourishment as does the paint. Hence, the clearcoat is PORUS!

Lexol is great stuff. They're a tried and true product out there but, I know Medallion will do a great job for you as well...

One thing to remember, with any cleaner or conditioner, go over the leather with a HOT clean rag that will remove the surficial dirt. In turn, the hot water will help to open the pores on the leather which will make your time spent cleaning more productive.

RP
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

I have used APC+ on leather as a cleaner as well with no ill effects that I have noticed. I dont use much at all plus its diluted 9:1.

Pinnacle does smell good Im just looking for something I can call home you know? Via a distributor I might be able to get Megs Leather Conditioner at a good price. All factors to take in I guess.
                        John ' Cujo ' Barnett
                        Retired Detailer

Comment

For cleaner: I used Lexol of course but I also use Woolite or Cool Wash

Conditioner: Hide Food, Lexol and thinking about Leatherique can't use APC on seats don't have the balls todo that one but some things I have notice that Ford seats take alot of work and not the best dye jod either so be careful I also warm seats up before I apply any conditioner PAY EXTRA ATTENION TO THE BACK HEADREST
                          Last edited by WHITE HONDA; Jan 27, 2004, 10:11 AM.
                          Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Originally posted by WHITE HONDA
                            ... Cool Wash Conditioner Hide Food...
                            I haven't heard of that one... did you mean Connolley Hide Food?
                            -The Final Detail-
                            Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

SORRY didn't mean to confuse Rock check it now and yeah that what I meant about about HIde food Connoly Yeah that's it
                              Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');