• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#105 in low humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #105 in low humidity

I've been going back on forth for a while now on #105. My current location of 9,800ft above sea level is very dry as you might imagine. While the shorter work time of #105 sounds nice I am a little worried that it will be TOO short up here. Am I worrying about nothing? Would #95 fit my location better? I guess the best solution would be to just order samples of both from ADS but I thought I would ask here first for some input.
    Thanks!
    Jason

Re: #105 in low humidity

Unless you are working outside in Alaska in the winter, low humidity wont be a problem... and at that point you would have other concerns.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I would actually feel a little better about it if it was cooler as that would increase the work time of the product a little. But here in Colorado it still gets pretty warm, low 80's at my house in the garage, and it's low humidity. Usually under 30%.
      Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmakado View Post
        I've been going back on forth for a while now on #105. My current location of 9,800ft above sea level is very dry as you might imagine. While the shorter work time of #105 sounds nice I am a little worried that it will be TOO short up here. Am I worrying about nothing? Would #95 fit my location better? I guess the best solution would be to just order samples of both from ADS but I thought I would ask here first for some input.
        Thanks!
        You should have no problems at all with M105. I have used it in all kinds of temps and humidities without a problem!

I think many people use the M105 incorrectly and then believe it is the product when it is really their application method that is causing the problems.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Sounds good. I'm going to give it a try I guess.
          Thanks!
          Jason

Comment

Just to point out, Meguiar's usually takes geographical locations into account whenever we create a new formula as we know our products are used in a wide variety of environmental conditions.

We'll send an e-mail to Jason Rose who is the Product Manager for both our Professional Line and our Detailer Line and ask him if he can add anything to this thread...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

We are using the product in our Sun Valley Idaho location, 6,000 feet above sea level and very low humidity with no issues!

I have used the product in temps ranging from mid-50's to near 90...again no issues. One will need to adjust to each temperature range a tad but that is true with any product.

Good luck with it...
              Renny Doyle
              Attention To Details
              "Detailers of Air Force One"
              www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Originally posted by jmakado View Post
                Thanks!
                M95 has a longer buffing cycle by design. You may want to try that if you prefer longer cycles in low humidity enivironments.

M105 will have a shorter cycle in low humidity, but could still work well for you. The key is to drop your rpm speed way down and do smaller areas of the paint per application. Don't try and buff a whole door for example. Do a 1/4 of the door at a time.

If you are buffing on a sanding mark, your performance will be improved in low humidity...as this is a primary performance target for the product.

If you are on OEM paint unsanded, make sure to clay the car really good. Bonded comtaminants will shorten the M105 buffing cycle further.

Hope that helps!...

Comment

Originally posted by Renny Doyle View Post
                  We are using the product in our Sun Valley Idaho location, 6,000 feet above sea level and very low humidity with no issues!

I have used the product in temps ranging from mid-50's to near 90...again no issues. One will need to adjust to each temperature range a tad but that is true with any product.

Good luck with it...
                  Absolutely agree with Renny Doyle. Every buffing product requires some adjustments in application/technique to accommadate climate variances.

We specifically pre-market test our new formulas in a variety of climates. We could make a product that performs perfectly in Las Vegas, but that same product may have issues in San Antonio. So, we develop for a bell curve and try to deliver the best performance to the widest group of users.

Comment

Just to piggyback on what Jason wrote...

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post

do smaller areas of the paint per application. Don't try and buff a whole door for example. Do a 1/4 of the door at a time.

Anytime you run into difficulty with ANY product or paint system, especially if you're new to the product or it's car you've never worked on before, (thus a paint system you've never worked on before), you can always try two things that will often times help you...

1) Shrink down the size of your work area
                    2) Make sure you're cleaning your pad often

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great info Team M...thanks a ton!
                      Renny Doyle
                      Attention To Details
                      "Detailers of Air Force One"
                      www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post
                        M95 has a longer buffing cycle by design. You may want to try that if you prefer longer cycles in low humidity enivironments.

M105 will have a shorter cycle in low humidity, but could still work well for you. The key is to drop your rpm speed way down and do smaller areas of the paint per application. Don't try and buff a whole door for example. Do a 1/4 of the door at a time.

If you are buffing on a sanding mark, your performance will be improved in low humidity...as this is a primary performance target for the product.

If you are on OEM paint unsanded, make sure to clay the car really good. Bonded comtaminants will shorten the M105 buffing cycle further.

Hope that helps!...
                        Thank for the tips.......

Jason, what speed is optimum for working 105 in normal conditions......?

Wool vs. foam

Comment

Great info and thanks for sharing. I went ahead and picked up some #105 yesterday. I am down in sunny So-Cal for a few weeks though so I won't have a chance to check it out in Colorado until July. I'll make sure to post back with my results.
                          Jason

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');