• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between #5 & #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between #5 & #7

What's the difference between the two? I heard you use #5 in a more humid environment. If so, should I use #5 instead of #7 down in here in Florida? #7 is easier to get, but if #5 is better for down here........
    Too much of a good thing is even better!

Re: Difference between #5 & #7

Originally posted by termigator69 View Post
    What's the difference between the two? I heard you use #5 in a more humid environment. If so, should I use #5 instead of #7 down in here in Florida? #7 is easier to get, but if #5 is better for down here........
    ive only tried #7 and it produces amazing results, I think #5 is designed to dry faster but dont quote me on that as im not 100% percent sure, maybe one of the Mikes could chime in
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

just did a little researching and it is ideal for use in humid enviroments and it does indeed dry faster and dosent have the wetness of M07. But if M07 is all you can get then i would imagine it will still produce good results. Sorry for not giving you a straight up anwser, i just wanted to make sure i was giving you the correct info.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Here are some reflections on Megs' pure polishes:

New Car Glaze

Pure Polishes

Difference in Polishes

What is Your Favorite Pure Polish?
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          just did a little researching and it is ideal for use in humid enviroments and it does indeed dry faster and dosent have the wetness of M07. But if M07 is all you can get then i would imagine it will still produce good results. Sorry for not giving you a straight up anwser, i just wanted to make sure i was giving you the correct info.
          How would you use #7? Do you just keep polishing it on the paint until it dries? Won't that take a long time?

Comment

No.
            You Never Want to Buff Dry.
            It is hard to explain with words, but you want it to be oily.
            You Should Search YouTube for videos on the Porter Cable 7424, I believe they are from autogeek are the ones you want to see.
            Hopefully someone else can explain better than I can.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
              Well, I read all of the posts and they seem to have given me more questions than answers on which to pick. Looks like I'll just have to get both!

Comment

Listen, no offense but you really should take anything you "heard" with a grain of salt, unless it was from one of the Meg's pros. One of the problems with cyber space is people who claim to "know" a lot about detailing will tell you a lot about a product, only to find out it is completely false.

Now, I'm no expert about the differences between M07 & M05, but I'd imagine MANY people use M07 in Florida with great results. Likewise I'm sure M05 will give you great results as well.

But the best advice I can give you is a la Mike Phillips... buy them both and if you're unhappy with one or both, Meguiars stands behind their products and you can return them.
                ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I live in South Flotida and I use the M05. It is applied the same as wax and you let it dry. M07, I believe, you never let dry. My cars have that wet look and the super deep shine. M07 is available at auto supply stores, M05 I had to order from ADS. I think you may find M05 easier to use.
                  Chef and Dr. of Min.

God is a good God, He loves you, and He wants to bless you.

Comment

Click the link below and do a search of the Hot Topics forum using the word

difference or differences

This topic has come up enough over the years that there's probably one or two threads on this in the Hot Topics Forum.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                      Listen, no offense but you really should take anything you "heard" with a grain of salt, unless it was from one of the Meg's pros. One of the problems with cyber space is people who claim to "know" a lot about detailing will tell you a lot about a product, only to find out it is completely false.

Now, I'm no expert about the differences between M07 & M05, but I'd imagine MANY people use M07 in Florida with great results. Likewise I'm sure M05 will give you great results as well.

But the best advice I can give you is a la Mike Phillips... buy them both and if you're unhappy with one or both, Meguiars stands behind their products and you can return them.

See my previous post!

BTW, love your car. I got that one too. Starfire Pearl?

Comment

It's my second! Had a silver 2007 and then got this (Starfire Pearl) 2008.

Great car, best I've owned (although I'm itching for either an IS-F or the IS350c).
                        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Both M05 and M07 are non-abrasive pure polishes, so they're not useful for removing swirls.

What are you working on?
                          What are you trying to accomplish?

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's a a thread on the topic,

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                              It's my second! Had a silver 2007 and then got this (Starfire Pearl) 2008.

Great car, best I've owned (although I'm itching for either an IS-F or the IS350c).
                              The regular 350 is plenty fast for me. As it is, I barely ever floor it or even use the power button (which seem to make a BIG difference) since getting it a year ago.
                              I'm familiar with the IS-F, but what's a 350c? Must be a Canadian version?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');