• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping/receiving campany to Canada ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping/receiving campany to Canada ?

Hey guys, I need some help. I wanna grab Meguiars Hyper-Dressing and APC but being in Canada nothing is that easy I checked ebay and no luck, then ADS but they don't ship to Canada, but they do ship to receiving company.
    So here I need help. Anyone from Toronto area knows of any shipping forwarding/receiving company close to us so I can go ahead and buy this stuff ? How does it exactly work ? Need some help here.

Re: Shipping/receiving campany to Canada ?

Have you tried other vendors in the states? say properautocare or autogeek?
    (FYI, PAC has a great promo running now)
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

I've had excellent success using Autogeek. They're the company I use for everything Meguiar's that's not available in Canada (like Ultimate Compound.)

Comment

MOL member 3Fitty lives in Toronto. You could send him a PM and see what company he uses to get his Meguiar's stuff.
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

The other gents are correct in that Autogeek ships to Canada via USPS, BUT there is the issue of some chemicals being classified as hazardous and may not be shipped via the postal system. ADS lists these products on their website as they will *NOT* send them to a mail forwarding company, if they know it's going to Canada. ADS uses UPS for shipping inside the US and UPS does NOT have the same regulations as the Postal system. ADS will however ship such items to a parcel handling service where you physically cross the border to pick the items up and take them back yourself.

If you need something that cannot be transported via the postal system,and you can't find a private style parcel handing service, you can have it shipped via UPS to the nearest UPS distribution center where they can hold your package for pick up.

In my case there is no nearby UPS center across the border but there is a private parcel handling service just on the other side of the border that can accept all manners of shipping and they simply call me when a shipment arrives for me. I drive down, cross the border, pay a small fee based on the size of the shipment... my last ADS order cost $2.50 for this service and then just take it back home, stopping by the friendly Customs Officers desk to pay the GST/PST of course.

If something that is considered by the Post office to be hazardous is shipped to Canada, it may very well be confiscated by Customs Canada if they open the package and realize that said product is hazardous. I've had several bottles of aftershave and/or cologne removed from my outside of Canada orders of grooming supplies as *any* flammable mix of alcohol is considered hazardous.

Google is your friend if you need to find a parcel handling service, that's how I found the one I use (Menke's Parcel Service).

Regards

Christian

Comment

You can contact Greg Morton.

Meguiars canada has a branch back east near you (actually through Dominion Sure seal). I order all my stuff through Meguiars Canada directly. They have the power to bring all the stuff we can't get across the border.

I have: APC ASD Hyper Dressing, Last Touch, 205, and more... you name it they'll bring it up from the states for you straight from the warehouse with no markup like independant dealers. They just can't sell it in our stores due to labeling.

And shipping and prices are unbeatable. I pay like $15 S&H for a CASE full of stuff. Prices are great too. A GALLON of last touch cost me like $15. A bottle of QD up here is about $10!!!

Once you set up an account with them ordering is as easy as an e-amil or phone call.

often times produts are in stock and shipped quickly. If its back ordered though it can take a while.

I have saved a FORTUNE this way, and don't have to deal with holding companys or crossing the border. It is delivered right to my door.

Many people don't know you can do this...

Comment

so thanks to your replies and I tried yesterday autogeek and properautocare, they both ship via USPS and properautocare had %15off. autogeek shipping for 2 1gal containers and 1 claybar replacement was $19. so I thought lets order through properautocare because of the %15 off(prices were the same). But the shipping was not shown, u pay for the order and then they gat back to u with shipping quote because it's international, I thought, can't b that much difference, even if it's more I still saved around $12 because of the %15 off, so should b the around the same for both. Sp I place the order, pick USPS Express Mail as it states for Canada and wait till today. I got an email not long ago, they want $92 for shipping, lol or I might downgrade to USPS international Priority which is $50, lol
              The prices are insane, I called but they were closed, so left an email to cancel my order, we'll see what they write back.
              Will try autogeek next, we'll see how that's gonna work out

And Whiskey, thx for an idea too, maybe I'll try that aswell, would b nice to just have anything delivered at a resonable price.

Comment

$92 from states to canada? oh my.. I dont even dare to ask shipping to my side of the planet.
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

Yes ordering from any US company is a waste of time. You will get slaugtered on shipping.

E-shine is pretty good in Canada. I have ordered stuff through them. They had free shipping on orders over $150. My order was here in under a week! The only downside is their Meguiars line is limited.

Autogeek is alright too, But you will be looking at at least $50 too. thats what I paid for my order. And shipping takes a long time as they're so far away.

I've tried every company and method, and the BEST way is the route I mentioned. Go straight to the source.

Meguiars will even set you up with a rep in your area that will meet with you and help you select produts!!! Now that's customer service! I still need to get in touch with mine...

Comment

Yes, I just tried autogeek for 2x1gal containers and they wanted $50 shipping on $70 order, a little too steep considering I'm payig almost the same ammount for shipping as the product.
                    I opened another thread, up above so maybe I can get some help for picking this up from store when I stop by detroit next weekend.

Comment

Well, don't hold a grudge against AG for the shipping though... it's not their fault and they're not padding the shipping. Here's a link to the US Postal service calculator for a package weighing 18lbs which is about as light as a guy could pack 2 1 gal containers of water like fluid. The two options at the bottom of the chart do not apply in this case as neither of the Flat-rate boxes would hold 2x 1 gal containers with padding etc.

Regards

Christian

Comment

I got nothing against the company, just the shipping charge USPS charges. I don't want to spend the same ammaunt on shipping as the product.

Comment

Well, some time later, turned out the best thing for me was to order from ADS and get it shipped to http://www.usaddressinc.com/ Just picked it up and on around $100 order I paid around $10 duty, not bad So will give the APC and Hyper-Dressing a go this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyRock-a-roller View Post
                            You can contact Greg Morton.

Meguiars canada has a branch back east near you (actually through Dominion Sure seal). I order all my stuff through Meguiars Canada directly. They have the power to bring all the stuff we can't get across the border.

I have: APC ASD Hyper Dressing, Last Touch, 205, and more... you name it they'll bring it up from the states for you straight from the warehouse with no markup like independant dealers. They just can't sell it in our stores due to labeling.

And shipping and prices are unbeatable. I pay like $15 S&H for a CASE full of stuff. Prices are great too. A GALLON of last touch cost me like $15. A bottle of QD up here is about $10!!!

Once you set up an account with them ordering is as easy as an e-amil or phone call.

often times produts are in stock and shipped quickly. If its back ordered though it can take a while.

I have saved a FORTUNE this way, and don't have to deal with holding companys or crossing the border. It is delivered right to my door.

Many people don't know you can do this...
                            The only issue with buying through Dominion Sure Seal is that you have to buy your item in a case. I want some APC and 1 bottle is $11.36. A great deal, right?

But I would have to pay roughly $45 for a case of 4, and I would have APC coming out of my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by 240SX View Post
                              The only issue with buying through Dominion Sure Seal is that you have to buy your item in a case. I want some APC and 1 bottle is $11.36. A great deal, right?

But I would have to pay roughly $45 for a case of 4, and I would have APC coming out of my ears.
                              No you don't. I buy individual gallons all the time. They have no problem with it. they PREFER you buy a case, but you don't have to.

They've never hassled me at least...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');