• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing NXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing NXT?

Sorry, but I think I posted this in the Review forum by mistake, perhapes a Mod could delete the other one?

I've searched for this but couldn't find an answer in the forums. I'm going to be installing some stainless steel inserts for the "Cobra" on my rear bumper and the instructions ask you to remove any wax or sealers so that there is a good adhesive bond for the letters. What do I use to remove the NXT in those areas? Most other products will come off with alcohol, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance for the info and, again, what a great forum, I never stop learng here!
    1966 GT350
    1997 SVT Cobra #2147
    2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Yeah, it's got a Hemi

One of the best ways to remove wax is to use a paint cleaner like ScratchX or Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or any of our cleaner polishes by hand or machine. This will leave the paint squeaky clean and ready for applying an adhesive sticker.

You could also try an all purpose paint cleaner or a mixture of 50/50 water to Isopropyl alcohol but I'll have to check that this will actually remove the NXT Tech Wax.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, Mike. If the Isopropyl would work that would probably be easiest so let me know what you find, if you would.

Again, thanks for the prompt reply...you guys could teach a lot of companies about how customer service tools like this forum works to build brand loyalty.
      1966 GT350
      1997 SVT Cobra #2147
      2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Yeah, it's got a Hemi

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        One of the best ways to remove wax is to use a paint cleaner like ScratchX or Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or any of our cleaner polishes by hand or machine. This will leave the paint squeaky clean and ready for applying an adhesive sticker.

You could also try an all purpose paint cleaner or a mixture of 50/50 water to Isopropyl alcohol but I'll have to check that this will actually remove the NXT Tech Wax.
        I used 50/50 a few months ago prior to Installing my Fender Flares, Body Side Mouldings, and Window Visors. I had NXT on at the time and the mixture did pull it off. I simply used several MFs.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');