• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought the Whole NXT Line up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought the Whole NXT Line up.

awhile ago i bought the Mequiars NXT Booster wax and the NXT Car Wash. Lately, those have been working absolutely good. The other day I found the NXT Wax on sale and I decided to buy it. (i've been planning on buying it sooner or later anyways). I'm waiting for a good day to use this product. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should use it to get the maximum shine my car deserves.

Also...on the trunk of my car, being that its white has a lot of dirt and etc that wont come off. It use to be parked underneath a car but it cant be seen unless ur up close...really close. I was wondering on how I would get this out.

Any advice is welcomed. I just cant wait to use this product.

here are pictures of my car...not great but you will get the idea of what my car looks like...

Also...I have a lot of swirls....so how would I get rid of that? will the NXT wax do?

All I can say is that I love this new NXT line-up.

NXT ROCKS!! I put two coats on over a 48 hour period and my G is like a mirror!!!
    wjfm1
    2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

Put a light coat on, wait twenty minutes and buff off. Let NXT cure overniight and puta second coat on.
      Results are great!! This was Mike's advice. All credit to him.

wjfm1
      2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

light coat meaning uising the foam pad and evenly applying it to the surface and then buff or wipe off?

Anyways, what should I do to clean my paint more other than just washing my car. cause I have a lot of ruff texture like dirt and etc that wont come off on the hood and trunk. Im most likely going to wash and wax my car on sunday. so if I need to buy anything else .. tell me.

Comment

You might try clay bar system to remove bonded contaminants. Then try a paint cleaner/scrub as found in the deep crystal system to remove stubborn stains. Both products should be found at the local auto store.
          Good luck!

Comment

I use Deep Crystal paint cleaner - #7 polish and then NXT. Like the other guys said - let the NXT set up for 20-30 min, then buff off. Add a second coat 24 hours later and you'll be VERY happy.

Comment

Re: Bought the Whole NXT Line up.

Originally posted by itsthepham
              Also...on the trunk of my car, being that its white has a lot of dirt and etc that wont come off. It use to be parked underneath a car but it cant be seen unless you’re up close...really close. I was wondering on how I would get this out.
              Are you talking about dirty paint as in it is stained with contaminants?

If so, any Meguiar’s paint cleaner should remove the dirt and staining and restore a clear surface. After that, polish and then wax with Tech Wax.

Also...I have a lot of swirls....so how would I get rid of that? will the NXT wax do?
              NXT Tech wax will only help to eliminate very fine swirls, usually the most stubborn, fine swirls that are still in the finish after removing the majority of the major swirls. Don't expect Tech Wax to be a miracle product, it's not. It's a great wax in that it deepens, darkens, adds gloss and clarity. To it's credit, it also helps to eliminate fine swirls.

It sounds like you car's finish needs to be machine cleaned and polished using a product like #83 DACP on a W-8006 foam polishing pad on the G-100 Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher.

Just look at any of the Detail Days at Meguiar's, for pictures of people doing this same thing. Afterwards, apply two thin coats of the NXT Tech Wax then stand back and admire the results.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');