• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich Leather cream leaves residue and clogs pores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Leather cream leaves residue and clogs pores?

Does Gold Class Rich Leather cream leave residue on seams and clogs pores on perforated leather on leather seats?

Should I use Rich Leather wipes instead of cream if I hate residue?

On ventilated seats, yeah, you are better off using the wipes. Leather creams are great on smooth leather but the clogging is a problem on ventilated seats.
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Thanks.

I forgot to ask about the Rich Leather trigger spray G10916. Did anyone compare this to the wipes (G10900) and the cream (G7214)?

ps

For more powerful cleaning, I think I need to use separate cleaner instead of cleaner/conditioner.
      Meguiar's separate cleaner is Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner (G11016) which is a cream product. What is the solution to the clogging problem of this product on ventilated leather seats?

Comment

With residual product in the perforations, try using a softer nylon brush.

Gently rub it over the problem area, occasionally wiping the brush with an absorbent towel to remove product.
        See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

What about using spray product to remove residue in perforations?
          Lightly wet the towel with the Leather Cleaner/Conditioner spray, and wipe the area with that towel. Will the residue dissolve and be absorbed into towel?

By the way, on some other countries’ Meguiar’s web, they do not sell Cleaner/Conditioner spray. They only sell Cleaner/Conditioner cream. The examples are UK, Germany, etc. There are no cars with perforated ventilated leather seats in those countries?

Comment

yeah we get perforated leather here in europe

Comment

Gold Class Rich Leather Spray and a cotton terry towel is the way to go with perforated seats. Won't clog the breathing holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Sanchez
                Gold Class Rich Leather Spray and a cotton terry towel is the way to go with perforated seats. Won't clog the breathing holes.
                Never heard of that before! I think most people just use the wipes
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re: Rich Leather cream leaves residue and clogs pores?

I just did this today. I used the Meguiar's detailing brush--little toothbrush looking thing and easily brushed it out of the seams. I like it over the wipes. The wipes are good like a spray wax, as an inbetween thing, but I still prefer to put the cream.

Originally posted by ktlimq
                  Does Gold Class Rich Leather cream leave residue on seams and clogs pores on perforated leather on leather seats?

Should I use Rich Leather wipes instead of cream if I hate residue?
                  Richard Lin
                  ShowCarDetailing
                  5548 E. La Palma Ave
                  Anaheim, CA 92807
                  toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Re: Re: Rich Leather cream leaves residue and clogs pores?

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
                    I just did this today. I used the Meguiar's detailing brush--little toothbrush looking thing and easily brushed it out of the seams. I like it over the wipes. The wipes are good like a spray wax, as an inbetween thing, but I still prefer to put the cream.
                    I was thinking the same thing. I didn't think the wipes were as "potent." As for the dedicated cleaner and conditioner, do they come in cream or liquid form? I currently use the GC cleaner/conditioner

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Rich Leather cream leaves residue and clogs pores?

This is the only Meguiar's leather product I've used

But apparently, there are quite a few more choices

Spray Version

Aloe Conditioner

Aloe Cleaner

Foam Cleaner/Conditioner

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
                      I was thinking the same thing. I didn't think the wipes were as "potent." As for the dedicated cleaner and conditioner, do they come in cream or liquid form? I currently use the GC cleaner/conditioner
                      Richard Lin
                      ShowCarDetailing
                      5548 E. La Palma Ave
                      Anaheim, CA 92807
                      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');