• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endurance on white letters??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endurance on white letters??

Hi All:

Detailing my F150 this afternoon, and just got new Michelin LTX MS Tires-- and I'm showing the white letters out just for a change.

Can I use Endurance on the white letters or will it turn the white parts of the tire black??.. I don't wanna mess them up.

Also, if Endurance is not the right stuff on white lettered tires -- what is better to use.

I really like Endurance... and the long lasting finish it leaves. But I'm open to anything that will work best.

Thanks

Joe
    Last edited by Clicker; May 12, 2004, 03:20 PM.

endurance is fine for white letters. just make sure your applacator pad is clean or some of the dirt will come off as you go over the letters....in other words do a good job of cleaning the tires first.
    good luck!
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

Thanks 2000.

Comment

Hey Clicker,

One more tip: If your applicator gets dirty and black (as mine always do) and the letters get dirty, just wipe them off with a towel after you finish shining the tires. If the letters are raised you can even spray a little cleaner on a rag and go back over them. Endurance is great stuff, but keep in mind that Meg's also has really great spray on products that may work better for your truck!

Slats
        -------------
        John 17:3
        -------------

Comment

Thanx Slats, my applicator gets black pretty quickly, I just bought 2 new ones:

what other Mequire tire products would be good to try?

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Slats
            Hey Clicker,

One more tip: If your applicator gets dirty and black (as mine always do) and the letters get dirty, just wipe them off with a towel after you finish shining the tires. If the letters are raised you can even spray a little cleaner on a rag and go back over them. Endurance is great stuff, but keep in mind that Meg's also has really great spray on products that may work better for your truck!

Slats
            heres what I do now....I give my tires a quick spray of hot shine, paying more attention to where the lugs and letters are. than I put endurance on my applicator and apply to tires. it seems to me hot shine acts as the prefect lubercant for endurance. I get the long lasting endurance with the ease of hot shine. and the hot shine helps take care of the areas that endurance is just to hard to get into.
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

Now there's a cool idea!
              -------------
              John 17:3
              -------------

Comment

Thanks 2000,

I guess "Hot Shine" is another tire finish product. So first you coat the white letters and or problem areas with Hot Shine... and then go over everything with Endurance.

I will get some and give it a try.

Thanks

Joe

Comment

Clever idea there 2000!! I always find myself acting like an artist around my raised white letters on my tires trying to get just the right amount of endurance in the little nooks and crannies. A quick shot of "HOT SHINE" would, undoubtedly, solve that problem!

Thanks for a great tip!

RP
                  -The Final Detail-
                  Lagrange, Kentucky
                  thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                  CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
                    Clever idea there 2000!! I always find myself acting like an artist around my raised white letters on my tires trying to get just the right amount of endurance in the little nooks and crannies. A quick shot of "HOT SHINE" would, undoubtedly, solve that problem!

Thanks for a great tip!

RP
                    the paint brush trick works better, but is harder. If I was a show car I would use the brush trick. but this way is so easy and faster that I don't mind doing it a couple of extra times. it does last longer than hot shine alone, and is much faster to apply than straight endurance (at least on difficult designed tires).
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

heres a little off question,
                      I'm about out of my endurance high shine and before I get more I'm thinking of getting the standard endurance. I have #38, would that give me the same look or is standard endurance still alittle more shiny? (I like alittle shine on my tires, just not that greasy looking shine.)
                      2019 GMC Sierra
                      1500 AT4

Comment

I've never tried #38 but, I thought I'd respond for the simple purpose of moving this thread back up to the top for a few more views.

I'm interested in hearing about a comparsion as well...

RP
                        -The Final Detail-
                        Lagrange, Kentucky
                        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Sorry, I can't compare between #38 and Endurance, but I can comment on the standard Endurance.

I don't like super shiny, slick/oily, and glossy looking tires. The first time I purchased Endurance, I went for the standard product.

It goes on easy and does have a bit shinier look than I like when first applied, but it certainly doesn't have that fake super shiny look.

Two things I have found. If you do your tires, say in the evening, and let the Endurance set-up over night, the shine is much less and it looks more appealing (stain/matte finish). If you want the same look without as much of the wait, such as having to drive the vehicle, wipe/buff the tires after letting the product set-up for 5-10 minutes.

The bottle says for even more shine, apply a second coat. That was my reasoning for going with the standard Endurance. Again, I don't like super high glossy tires, however, my thinking was if one application had too much of a matte look, then I could always add a second coat. I've never had to add a second coat. I like the results both in how the product looks and how long it lasts!
                          A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');