• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT on 3M Plaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT on 3M Plaster

Becuase of my constant trips between Montreal and Toronto, I had the 3M plaster install on the front of my car. The 3M plastic covers the whole bumper, and it extends 6-8 inches up to the hood and side panels. It doesn't look bad because of car is silver.

The installer told me that when I wax my car, I should put some wax onto the plastic. This way, the bugs will come off easier.

I plan to do the following this weekend:
    1. Wash with NXT car wash
    2. DC-1 Clean
    3. DC-2 Polish
    4. NXT Tech wax

I am sure I should not put the DC-1 and DC-2 onto the plastic, how about the NXT tech wax? Should I apply NXT onto the 3m plastic?

if its 3m film it will be ok, I install these kits and I have even run the high speed polisher over the film with no problems. We hace a couple cars in our household that have the 3m film on them with NXT on it and it looks great!
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Yes, it's the 3M film.

I still have some left-over Rain-Danse. I should probably use it on the 3M film. I don't see NXT wil make a differnece on the 3M film. What do you think?

Comment

whatever differences you will see on the paint you will see on the film. So if you feel that NXT makes your finish darker or more reflective while raindance makes it more deep or wet, then you will see the same results on the film.

Comment

I think he meant on the film?, (at least that's what he wrote)

As far as applying a product to a clear plastic film, you might consider Meguiar's M-1008 Plastic Polish instead of a wax. This is a rich oil that restores and maintains optical clarity and leaves behind an anti-static surface.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yep, the 3m film has a clear coat on it similar to your paint ( in some ways at least ) So it actually behaves very similar to paint as far as reflections and such.

Comment

Hi DETLMAN,

Next time your down Meguair's way, if you have a scrap peice of the 3M film you apply to cars could I have it?

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Absolutly ! If you want I will send you some to play with.

Comment

Oh, you don't have to do that, just next time your in the area...

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I will bring some to the NXT ti on the 26th

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');