• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many layers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many layers...

can I put on before it's recommended to remove NXT? I'm thinking of waxing one week, then using the spary wax the next and wondering how long I can go before I should take it all off.

Brian

My understanding is that it's not supposed to layer...so you shouldn't have any problems...
    ...just don't forget to strip and clay every 3-6 months...

Comment

...just don't forget to strip and clay every 3-6 months...
      I don't think my neighbors would want to see me do that

Comment

lmao

Comment

What would you guys say is a good schedule to wax.I wash my car every other day any day i dont wash i quick detail.and i wax at least 3 times a month with nxt.is this to much.

Comment

Mopar,

I thought that I had a problem with being obsessive until I read your post. By the way what size car do you have?

I think that you can wash and wax as often as you want. But in my opinion, your vehicle shouldn't need to have NXT applied almost weekly.

I was trying to come up with a schedule for my black Hemi. Because I do not get much industrial pollution, tree sap or lots of other crud (except for a ton of dust) on my truck, I was thinking about just using NXT every 4-6 weeks. It should have just enough cleaner to take off any road film or soap film. I have found that since I have been using microfiber towels to dry my Hemi marring has been at a minumum. I think that NXT may actually resist marring more than a carnauba wax. I also no longer QD after a wash. I used to QD because cotton towels would leave streaks.

I have used the spray wax only once. It's almost as easy to use the tech wax as it is the spray wax. I may give the spray wax another try after my next wash.

Right now I only plan to clay and use #83 and #82 once or twice a year.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');