• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 coats of NXT still needed when applying by PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 coats of NXT still needed when applying by PC?

I know its' recommended to apply 2 thin coats of NXT for best results (12-24 hours between).

I've done this when applying by hand; however, I applied NXT via PC last night and wanted to know if it is still recommended to apply a second coat today?

My thinking is that the 2nd coat is being recommended because applying the product by hand doesn't always ensure complete coverage.

Since the PC did such a good job applying the product evenly, thinly and throughly, I'm wondering if a second application is still required.
    A great finish begins with the right start!

Not required, but still advised...
    ...nothing is perfect, it's nice to have the second layer as a backup for the micro imperfections...

Comment

Hey,

Yes, I would still recommend applying a second coat of the NXT, even if they are applied with a PC. Also, be sure to remove it with a Meg's Ultimate Bonnet over a clean W-8006 Polishing Pad with the PC set to speed 4.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I just went over the whole car again with NXT and the PC. The PC just makes it so easy!!!

I did the full wash, clay, clean, polish, wax yesterday and decided that it was worth doing a second application with the NXT since I put so much into it already. I read something Mike stated that with the full step process and *two* coats of NXT should take your car to 99.99% of it's potential. Why gamble!

The car had about 11 hours to set-up overnight (finished around 10 p.m. last night with final wipe down).

Does anyone know if the you would get the same results (protection and look) by applying the second coat after your next wash (a couple of days or a week later) vs. applying two coats one after another (with the required 12-24 hour wait time inbetween)

Thanks!
        A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');