• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Cleaners - Are they abrassive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, I think that a lot of us are missing one very important point about Zaino, and one that we should all be eternally grateful to Sal Zaino for:

Sal has made the prep and process part of the product.

You don't just buy the Zaino and apply it, like you would Turtle Wax. You buy the Zaino and then you follow the steps.

This is at the heart of everything that is good about Zaino, AND everything that is bad about the zealotry.

It is at the heart of everything that is good about Zaino, because proper prep and application of product is the very essence of all good paint care. Sal has done a world of good in spreading that message, like Mike Phillips and David Bynon have done, among many others. You won't see pictures of a Z'd car that hasn't been prepped.

It is at the heart of everything that is bad about the zealotry, because the zealots learned everything all at once and cannot see that the process is separable from the product, and will work with ANY product; it's all fused together in their heads. But, do the prep right and you can spit on your car (and remove it with a mf towel), and your car will look great.

DSG Man, your car looks great. When it's time to throw down, the car either has eyeballs or it doesn't. That's all that matters; everything else is just words.

Cheers to all,

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca

Sal has made the prep and process part of the product.

You don't just buy the Zaino and apply it, like you would Turtle Wax. You buy the Zaino and then you follow the steps.
      Cheers to all,

Tom
      The issue is...the Zaino process is only a sealant! While you can get the Zaino clay bar, you're out of luck when it comes to real paint cleaners/polishes. Unless you go with somebody elses products, you're just sealing in an half prepped surface.

Comment

Well, as I said, I am not opposed to trying new stuff. I just haven't had much success with Meguires lasting very long. ( I used to use the 1-2-3 step) Mike, you suggested using #9 swirl remover to remove the Zaino. Am I correct in assuming that Meguire's #2 polish won't do it? Could you just email me directly so as not to dilute the topic being discussed. I didn't mean to start a Zaino battle in the first place.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG Man
          Well, as I said, I am not opposed to trying new stuff. I just haven't had much success with Meguiar’s lasting very long. ( I used to use the 1-2-3 step) Mike, you suggested using #9 swirl remover to remove the Zaino. Am I correct in assuming that Meguiar’s #2 polish won't do it? Could you just email me directly so as not to dilute the topic being discussed. I didn't mean to start a Zaino battle in the first place.

Thanks.
          Instead of e-mailing you, if you PM me your phone number, I'll call you to offer some recommendations.

As far as Meguiar's not lasting very long goes, a common thread I have noticed among the various tests and comparisons that I have read is the lack of comparison of the visual results versus the water beading results.

I have tested most of the popular and talked about waxes on the web on black paint, (the true test of all), and have found that in the appearance category, NXT Tech Wax creates the richest, deepest, most reflective swirl free finish of all. Of course everyone else who is conducting similar test will get varying results depending upon their test panel and how they view their test panel.

For example: I read a post on CorvetteForum, whereupon a gentleman used reflections from items on the ceiling on the inside of his garage to compare the difference between NXT Tech Wax and Zaino. In his test, Zaino won. Interesting.

Last weekend, I had a gentleman with a black C5 Corvette who told me and everyone else at the clinic that he had over 12 coats of Zaino "Layered" on his Corvette's finish, and since the last coat, the car had only been out of the garage one time and had not yet been washed.

According to the ardent Zaino users, more and more layers would mean a better and better looking finish, deeper, more clear, shinier, continually increasing in all dimensions of beauty as long as you continue to add more and more layers...

Correct?

Well here's some pictures of the folks from CorvetteForum inspecting the results after two members applied one coat of NXT Tech Wax by hand, to the drivers side of the hood.

And here are the results as captured by my digital camera. First a full shot resized from the original to 600 pixels wide.

In the below photo, I have cropped out a 700 pixel wide section from the original and uploaded this raw photo to my gallery. This photo shows a full-on sun shot of Zaino on the passengers side. (12 plus layers of Zaino according to the owner)

Here's a sun shot on the NXT side, remember, this is one coat applied by hand over the existing Zaino layers. According to most Zaino users, the cleaners in NXT will have removed any existing Zaino, so according to them, the results you see will have been produced by the merits of the NXT and not the NXT aided by layers of Zaino,

I'll be posting the rest of these photos to the Corvette Forum thread, which can be found here,

CorvetteForum at Meguiar's!

So while one demonstration in front of 26 people does not mean everyone that tries NXT Tech Wax is going to get the same "Wow" results, it did make some of the people attending, take a moment to think about some of the things they've read by other detailing guru's and active members of different forums on the web.

For most people that are into their cars, it's all about taking their cars appearance to it's maximum potential, plain and simple. They want a product that will make their cars finish look it's best in a full spectrum of conditions. NXT Tech Wax will deliver these kinds of results when used correctly.

By the way DSG, you didn't start a battle, you just asked a question. Be careful however, I have s friend who have started out as a big fan of Zaino products and then switched to Meguiar's. Soon after, he experienced the ugly side of the web, and have found out that on some forums, his opinion is no longer valued.

In the end, it all comes down to you and your two eyes, and the results you see.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi:

Never used Zaino.

That picture of the hood says it all for me -- "wow".

Hard to believe the difference.

KTruck
            Make it Shine

Comment

Wow what a defference.So lets see 25 dollars canadian for a 8 ounce bottle of z5 or 30 dollars a bottle for nxt(18 ounces)
              Nxt looks better and is cheaper in the long run.

Comment

thank you very much mike...
                you answered my question perfectly....

have a nice day zaino fans

megs rules
                "YEH THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF RICE, I SHALL FEAR NO TURBO....FOR TORQUE ART WITH ME..."

Comment

Let's keep things nice now...

Everyone has the right use the product that looks best in their eyes, no matter what the product is.

This is why I always say,

It's just car wax people...

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');