• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the right look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the right look

I was wondering what you people prefer.Nxt or #26 high tech wax.Both have created a very nice finish on my car but i am kind of leaning towards #26 i really like the look of a carnuba wax.
    So what has your expereince been with these products

#26 looks great. How often do you want to wax? #26 will wear off quicker than NXT. If time is no problem then go with what you like #26. I've had good luck topping NXT with #26 on my drk grn GT.
    Last edited by scrub; Jul 24, 2004, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Time isnt an issue.I wax at least 4 times a month.So im not overly concerend about durability.I was also wondering is #26 better then dc step 3 or are they the same product

Comment

I think #26 should be better only because its from the pro line. No facts to back that up.

Comment

One thing that really impressed me was when i applied zaino to my car about a month ago i washed with dish soap at first and after i was done #26 was still beading on my car .

Comment

hey mopar,
            I keep going back and forth between #26 and nxt. I hope you don't mind if I jump on your band wagon and post a pole, because I, like you, am courious to see where every one else is.
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

Gotta tell you guys I am torn as well. I have been a long time user of #7 topped with #26 and have been using NXT since January. The looks are slightly different. Although NXT will darken your paint and give you a wet look like a carnauba but, it doesn't do it quite as well as a real carnauba with a good polish can. To me NXT looks like #26 with a bit more reflectivity and bit less gloss. Not a bad look, just different.

Meguiars #7 topped with #26

Meguiars NXT
              Bob
              2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
              Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

wow, from those shots I'd have to go with the nxt. great photos! great looking car too!
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

Very nice car!!.
                  I love the look of both but i prefer the look of #7 topped with #26.
                  Today i washed with nxt wash and then used scratchx and then i put on 2 thin coats of nxt and let it sait for about an hour.
                  when i came out it looked pretty good nice shine and gloss.
                  But on my colour(bright silver metalic)it didnt have that pop .
                  So i polished with #7 and then put a coat of #26 on and wow my metalic was glistening in the sun and my car looked super wet.i may try this agian or just go abck to #9,#7,#26 combo.

Comment

NXT or #26?

Those are excellent shots showing the difference between #26 and NXT. You can definitely see where NXT darkens the paint more. I can't decide which look I like better, they both are outstanding.
                    If I had to choose though I would give the edge to #NXT. It makes it look like an Chameleon type paint from certain angles.

I have NXT on part of my hood and MPPP on the other part. There is no difference in darkening between the two. The NXT fills in light swirls better and is a
                    little bit more reflective. Other than that no major differences. They both seem to protect and last equally well.

Now, how about some photos of #26 as a topper over NXT?

RamAirV1
                    Last edited by RamAirV1; Jul 18, 2004, 03:29 AM.
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I think #26 should be better only because its from the pro line. No facts to back that up.
                      Too funny!!

In my view, there is no simple answer to the question of "Do you like NXT or #26 better". The number of variables that go into producing an excellent finish is too large (e.g., type of finish, color, how applied, weather conditions on application, number of coats, phase of the moon, color of Mike Phillips' socks, etc.) to definitively answer the question. Therefore, I think you should experiment and find what looks best to your eyes on your car. Use whatever gives you the best look.

Comment

I'm a long time #26 user and I recently switched to NXT. The reasons are these.

I prefer the look of #26 on dark colors but only very slightly. #26 is a pure wax with no cleaners so my routine would be to wash, MPPC, and if no swirls #26. Now with NXT, I only need to wash and NXT. Assuming again, no swirls were added.

NXT makes the process much faster as I don't need to remove the old wax like I did with #26.

The look of NXT is very close to that of #26 and it lasts longer, a lot longer if you use the booster wax after every other wash.

So NXT saves me a lot of time and gives me the look I am after.
                        Jim
                        My Gallery

Comment

going back to what scrub said about the pro line...if they came out with pnxt (pro nxt) in a brown bottle, even if it was the same stuff as reg nxt, alot of us would either see a difference thats not there, or see more longevity thats not there. (I'm including myself in this). we spend our whole lifes being trained that if the pros use it it has to be better...if it cost more it last to be better..ect. thats not always the cause but it's very hard if not impossible to break that mind set. I can't help but wonder if nxt was in the pro line instead of the consumer line would that change the way we think of it compared to the outher choices? I have gone back and forth twice with nxt and #26 and perfer the look of nxt. just can help but feel like I could get something better in the pro line even though I have proven to myself I can'nt. any one else feel like that? just something to think about.
                          2019 GMC Sierra
                          1500 AT4

Comment

2000, that's what they call the "placebo" effect, only it's with car wax instead of pills.

Mike did say that DC#3 is different than #26, and that the pro version of NXT would be more potent.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: NXT or #26?

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                              Now, how about some photos of #26 as a topper over NXT?
                              I'm pretty much using the NXT/#26 combnation exclusively on my truck...

By the way, that's not a pinstripe.... that's the reflection of the curb. Also note all the color reflection (not pure gloss). You see the green of the grass, blue of the sky, and brown of the dirt.

I simply haven't found a better combo than NXT/#26.

RP
                              -The Final Detail-
                              Lagrange, Kentucky
                              thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                              CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');