• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best tire shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tire shine

I want a tire dressing that lasts long and is the wettest looking. I am leaning twords the Insane tire shine but what do you think? Spray trigger or aresol can? Thanks

Re: Best tire shine

i hear gel lasts longer...

Comment

Check this link out: There is a link for the first round on this thread.
      Tire Dressing Test (Round 2)

I personally like Hot Shine, Aerosol can as the sprayer is adjustable to do the tires on my Yukon(oversized) or my Neon (lower profile).

L8R

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

My favorite is Endurance High Gloss gel. Spray works fine, too, but I don't spray it directly on the tire; I have too much trouble avoiding the rims that way. I spray it on an Eagle One tire swipe and then wipe it on my tire.
        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Same here - Endurance High Gloss.

I have a bottle of Hot Shine Gel (came with NXT 2.0 kit) and the trigger spray version, too. The gel lasts longer than the spray.

The aerosol sprays are nice for car shows and leave a really high gloss.
          Chris
          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Insane shine for me.

Comment

I'm a Hot Shine guy and I started with the trigger then the areosol and now I have two bottle of gel that came with gift backs. The areosol is nice because you just spray it on and wipe down your rim (and be careful not to get your paint). While the gel is nice because you just apply the tire, but I usually end up with a mess on my hands, literaly.

As far as Insane shine, I have used two cans of the areosol and I liked Hot Shine better becuase it lasted longer and even after a wash or two your tires still have a nice black look to them. I thought the inital shine between the two was comparable, but Hot Shine won me over with the durability. I often time will just skip the tire shine if I am in a hurry and my tires still look nice. Hope this helps.

Also, a new version of the Hot Shine spary will be coming out in 2008 with apparently more durabily and a bigger bottle. Look for it on the 2008 new products listing.
              "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I have been using the Hot Shine Tire Gel. It looks great, has zero sling and last longer than anything I have tried.

Here's a pic:

Comment

Sorry about the big picture. I need to resize it.

Tic

Comment

About the fact that tire gel is more messy to apply, I agree. But, I keep latex and nitrile gloves in my detailing stuff (mainly for working on engines, etc.), so I just put on a latex glove. No black stuff underneath my fingernails, no oil on my hand. I have never had a problem with sling from Endurance gel either.
                    Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Comment

I forgot to add. I use the Eagle One tire swipes. They make a huge difference in how it looks. Also keeps the gel off your hands.

Tic

Comment

That's what I use too, but I always seemed to get tire goop on my hand anyways. Hence the gloves.
                        Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Comment

I like the endurance gel or if I am in a hurry theHot shine. I like using the jumbo foam tire applicator from ads. Best tire applicator I have used by far. I agree with the nitrale gloves. Big help.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use the E1 swipes as well and I still get stuff on my hands also.
                            "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');