• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences in trim products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in trim products

I bought the Trim Detailer to restore the black rubber & plastic trim on our Volvo, but I also bought the GC Vinyl/Rubber Protectant. It looks like the Trim Detail doesn't provide UV protection & they both look pretty much the same after application to me.

Can anyone tell me what determines when you use one product over the other? If Trim Detail doesn't provide the protection of Vinyl/Rubber Protectant (or Natural Shine), when & why do you use it?

Re: Differences in trim products

Both of these products contain UV protectants.

The spray is primarily for interior surfaces and the Trim Gel is a thicker, wipe on product for exterior surfaces but can be used on a variety of surfaces both inside and outside the car, like rubber gaskets between the body and the door or trunk lid.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Differences in trim products

Thanks, Mike. That makes sense.

I even called the customer support line about this & was told that Trim Detailer had no UV protection in it. It's difficult to choose between the many products from Meguiar's when the descriptions on the website don't seem to give enough info to tell the difference between them.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');