• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Spray Wax Technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Spray Wax Technique

NXT Spray Wax -- I getting right fond of the stuff. It's taken a while to do so. I have a very big black truck to keep looking good and the spray wax does save time as well as giving a super glossy and wet look to my previously applied NXT Tech Wax.

My technique: Lightly mist a foam pad. Lightly mist the panel and then work the product with a straight motion rather than circular motion. The straight motion is done at least twice at 90 degree angles. This insures very even coverage and the product seems to be almost dry when I am done. I remove the residue with microfiber polishing cloths.

It takes me about 45 minutes to do my whole truck -- a Dodge Hemi.

Tom

Spray Booster Wax Technique

45 min. for a Hemi, shows that SBW does save time.

The 90° pass is a good idea to help ensure even coverage. Seems like that would work better than a circular motion.

I just spray the applicator pad, not the paint surface, when using it on my GTO. For larger panels like on a truck, spraying it right on the paint is a good technique.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I spray it right on my Tundra and have no problems. I can get a real even coat and get it done very fast!

Comment

Thanks for the tip on applying NXT Spray Wax. It seems like every time I get around to using this product, I simple just apply another coat of NXT High Tech Wax instead. And that's been about once a month. Anywho, I guess now I have no excuse not to use the Spray Wax. I'll have to give it a try very soon. Thanks for the good advice!
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

so do you respray between 90 deg wipes?

Comment

I don't respray. The idea is to use as little spray wax as possible.

Tom

Comment

my thought as well...i read in an earlier thread another guy who doesn't do cirles cuz he thought it was taking all the wax off...I'll give your method a go!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');