• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT tech protect vs Quick interior detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT tech protect vs Quick interior detailer

hello all,
    I had used the NXT tech protectant to detail my car's interior and it looks great. However i just discover another product which is quick interior detailer. I suppose they are the same product line but there must be some difference between them, anyone has any idea about these two products?

Re: NXT tech protect vs Quick interior detailer

NXT Tech Protectant is an all in one (cleaner/conditioner/protectant) and Quik Interior Detailer is, just that, a duster if you will. I use it to maintain the finish between dressing. The new version of Quik Interior Detailer has better UV protection as well as smell to keep that new car smell

I use Meg's #40 and maintain with QID.

I also have the QID wipes in the car to maintain while I sit in the car while the wife is in the store. LOL.

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
      NXT Tech Protectant is an all in one (cleaner/conditioner/protectant) and Quik Interior Detailer is, just that, a duster if you will. I use it to maintain the finish between dressing. The new version of Quik Interior Detailer has better UV protection as well as smell to keep that new car smell

I use Meg's #40 and maintain with QID.

I also have the QID wipes in the car to maintain while I sit in the car while the wife is in the store. LOL.

Aaron

Same for me - #40 after cleaning with something like Tuff Stuff, then QID for minor cleanups.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post

Aaron
        Spot-on.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Does this mean I can use just the quick interior detailer, say daily, and not bother with the nxt gen interior protectant and still get adequete UV protection? I have been reluctant to use the interior protectant because I dont want that sheen on my plastics. I like the flat natural new look. This was actually a question I was saving to ask you later.

Ken
          Remember amatures built the ARK, proffesionals built the titanic

Comment

I was going to ask a similar question.... Is the New IQD approaching the protection of a regular interior dressing, or are the interior protectants (Nxt, #40, Natural Shine, etc) still a big step ahead?
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

IMHO......

NXT Tech Protect and similar products are dressings for good looks and protection. I think the new IQD is still a "duster" but offers better UV protection and smell of course to maintain between dressing. I guess it's all a matter of how you want your dash to look. I use #40, Natural Shine depending on mood I'm in and use IQD inbetween, although over time, the dressings wear off (or too much passion when using IQD). At least thats how I see the difference. You could use IQD just as your go to for the dash. I like the dressings as it seems it's protecting the dash more. I love 40 on rubber door seals too........

Aaron
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by ken_ja View Post
                Does this mean I can use just the quick interior detailer, say daily, and not bother with the nxt gen interior protectant and still get adequete UV protection?
                You can safely use Quik Interior Detailer on a daily basis, it's not a replacement for a normal dressing. As for the UV protection in QID being enough to maintain the interior over time and not use a normal dressing we would have to check with DOT or R&D.

Originally posted by ken_ja View Post
                I have been reluctant to use the interior protectant because I don't want that sheen on my plastics. I like the flat natural new look. This was actually a question I was saving to ask you later.

Ken
                Natural Shine shouldn't change the appearance of your interior components, regardless of which interior dressing you use, after applying the product, wait for a few minutes and then wipe the surface down with a clean, dry microfiber and this will remove any product still remaining on the surface and thus insure an original look.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks a million guys, once again much appreciated.
                  Remember amatures built the ARK, proffesionals built the titanic

Comment

Thanks Mike, sounds like a dressing every so often is still the way to go.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');