• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can NXT be applied by PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can NXT be applied by PC

Can the NXT be applied by a PC? If so how much should be put on the pad.

Certainly!

In fact, it works great like this.

Meguiar's recommends applying two small strips of product in the shape of an X onto the face of your pad.

When you start out with a new, clean dry foam pad, some portion of the product will soak into the pad. It will appear as thought the product isn't spreading very far. However, after you have applied your product in the shape of an X two or three times and continued to apply the wax to your car's finish, your foam pad will become more saturated with product and your application of wax to the pad will go a lot further.

Just be aware of the change as you start working around the car. And remember, a little bit goes a long ways, after the initial application of wax to your foam pad.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike! The wax I have on it now, should I remove it before I apply the NXT.

Comment

What kind of wax do you currently have on your car's finish?

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

once I get the pad broke in, meaning the pad well not absorb any more Product I apply a thin bead 1/16th or less in size around the outer edge and then single swirl loop to the center, I touch the pad on the car/truck four times in a 2x2 square or slightly larger area before I pull the trigger, then work the area with the pad in motion. My buffer does not have speed control it's just slow I think the guy here set there speed at 4-4.5

What I have noticed is if the edge of the pad runs light on material (NXT)it will lift the previously applied NXT causing a streak. ( I call them tiger stripes, to me that's what they resemble.)

I also apply with a foam hand pad and then work in with a buffer.

Hope this helps
          good luck
          Rich
          If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
          DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

I used Color X on it. In July I put on the Meguiar's Quik Wax.
            Last edited by JG_Detailing; Aug 2, 2004, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyman2001
              I used Color X on it. In July I put on the Meguiar's Quik Wax.
              Just apply the Tech Wax right over the finish you have right now, unless you want to first do some cleaning and polishing steps.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What speed should the PC be set at for applying the NXT?

Comment

I like 3.0 on the tan finishing pad for application. I like 3.5 with the micro fiber bonnet for removal.
                  SRT-10 Silver

Comment

I apply NXT using at a 3.5 setting on the PC using a polishing pad followed up with a Topper applied by hand.

If I were you, I'd experiment and see what your preference is.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');