• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie question

Hey all,

I am kind of new to all this stuff, and definitely new to this page. I was just wondering how long a coat of NTX wax would last?

Sunday I washed my car, used ColorX, put on a coat of #20, coat of gold class wax, then two coats of NTX wax (with an hour in between each.) How long should this last before I need to do it again?

Also, would it be okay to use Meguiars yellow wax over top of the NTX wax?

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Hi Habhide,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

The members of this forum are top notch and willing to share their knowledge and experience in order to help you learn how to get the best results from your time, money and efforts.

Here are some helpful links,

Welcome and Forum Rules

Meguiars Online Acronyms - With Product Links

Meguiar's *NEW* FAQ

7. What's the difference between polish and wax? (Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle)

Forum Technical Help Desk

How-to Crop and Resize your photos before uploading them to your gallery

Step-by-Step Picture-Posting HOW TO

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Me again,

I know Topping is a popular pastime, here's an article I wrote on this subject that my help.

Topping NXT

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Another newbie question

Originally posted by Habhide
        Sunday I washed my car, used ColorX, put on a coat of #20, coat of gold class wax, then two coats of NTX wax (with an hour in between each.) How long should this last before I need to do it again?

Also, would it be okay to use Meguiar's yellow wax over top of the NTX wax?

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.
        I think you are the definition of Passion! You applied 5 coats of wax in one day?

How long a wax will last is determined by a number of different factors, such as,

The environment it is exposed to
        Whether or not it is stored inside or outside
        How often it is washed
        Type of soap used to wash with
        Maintenance care given to the car in-between washes and coats of wax, etc.

So it's hard to say just how long a coat of wax will last for any specific car.

Also, there is a difference between how long a show car finish will last, (in other words look good), and how long the finish is protected. I've seen some pretty bad looking finishes, filled with swirls that didn't look too good, but they were protected with a coat of wax.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!!!

As for the application of those products, I would suggest waiting overnight between layers of polymers. For example, after the #20 Polymer Sealant, I would wait overnight before applying the next top coat. That way, you are given the product the time needed to "set-up" properly.

And, as Mike already said, you sure have the passion for detailing!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');