• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Generation Tech Wax (Paste)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Generation Tech Wax (Paste)

I posted about a problem here: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...4&postcount=11 and I guess those who peeked have no idea how they can help.

I am in the Philippines and a can of NXT Generation paste wax costs about $40! and quite hard to find any. I have one which I purchased about a year ago and there's still about a third of paste left. It is hot and humid here (with current temps going as high as 35-37 deg Celsius!) and my NXT wax have dried and cracked. It is also quite a pain to use or apply. It keeps cracking and bits and pieces gets into the applicator and in the car's surface. It is impossible to apply it uniformly. It looks like the oils are gone or have diminished.

At about 40 bucks a pop and with still plenty left, I came up with the idea of heating the can. Since it's wax/paste, a very low heat would melt it. I put an inch of water in a pan over a stove, allowed it to boil and then I put the NXT can over the boiling water (the can was not submerged in boiling water, I just used the hot steam).

In about 3-4 minutes, the wax have melted. I started stirring the melted wax and when the consistency is good (after about another minute) I removed it and put the can in cold water. When the can is cold enough to touch I put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to solidify.

Voila! It looks good as new. I tried applying it on a small part of my car's hood and it is now very easy to apply. It dries to a haze and very easy to wipe off. I just don't know if it still has the protective qualities of a new one but when it comes to looks, good as new!

Don't flame me guys! or make any violent reactions please. I am just making use of something (worth $40) which is probably destined to the waste bin.

Thanks!

Re: NXT Generation Tech Wax (Paste)

Hi amf, No problem whatsoever. I have done the same to my GC paste wax. I notice no lost of performance at all on it's durability and shine. Still as good as the day I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by bernard78 View Post
      Hi amf, No problem whatsoever. I have done the same to my GC paste wax. I notice no lost of performance at all on it's durability and shine. Still as good as the day I bought it.
      Thanks! That'll make me feel a lot better.

Comment

Very creative and resourceful! Kudos to you!

Comment

Excellant solution. Can't say I blame you for trying to get your monies worth. Way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I hope Megs will soon have the proper distribution channel in this part of the world.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');