• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what removes compound on black trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what removes compound on black trim?

a friend of mine just picked up an 05 hyundai elantra and, as usual, the dealer sent it to one of those "express detail" car wash joints. well the car is swirled up like crazy and almost every piece of black trim is white with the compound they attempted to use.

what can i use to get the trim clean? i just picked up some trim detailer but havent tried it yet. will this remove the compound runoff or just cover it up?

i really cant wait to tackle this car. im going to do it for him for free because he is a good friend and hes done plenty of favors for me in the past so i figured id return the favor.

Re: what removes compound on black trim?

Some compounds are water soluble, so try washing the trim with lots of water, your car wash soap and use a soft nylon brush to agitate the compound splatter off the trim.

We also make a dedicated cleaner for trim called M3916 Vinyl Cleaner, this can be sprayed on and agitated also.

The Trim Dressing is not a cleaner, agitating it against splatter on trim may help remove it but it's more of the action of you agitating a liquid against the compound than it is any cleaning action of the Trim Detailer.

Best of luck to you...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: what removes compound on black trim?

Originally posted by Micktown View Post
      a friend of mine just picked up an 05 hyundai elantra and, as usual, the dealer sent it to one of those "express detail" car wash joints. well the car is swirled up like crazy and almost every piece of black trim is white with the compound they attempted to use.

what can i use to get the trim clean? i just picked up some trim detailer but havent tried it yet. will this remove the compound runoff or just cover it up?

i really cant wait to tackle this car. im going to do it for him for free because he is a good friend and hes done plenty of favors for me in the past so i figured id return the favor.
      Wow, that's a coincidence...I just picked up a used 07 Sonata with the EXACT same problem...horrible swirls and it looks like wax or something on the black trim..haven't tackled it yet since it's too cold here still

Let us know what process you use and how successful it is...good luck !!
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');