• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any of the NXT line been discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any of the NXT line been discontinued?

I started using NXT Tech Protect & NXT Glass Cleaner when it first came out. Everyplace was stocked with them. Towards the end of last year (August, September, October) I tried several times finding this stuff in autozone, walmart & target, but I had no luck.

I just tried again at a few different places and I'm still noticing the same thing. I also had one of the owners at a local store here in town check his books to see if he could order any, but he said they weren't in his books. This guy carries a lot of Meguiars stuff.

My next choice is to oder online, but my question is does anyone know if any of this stuff has been discontinued and maybe Meguiars is just trying to sell the remaining online?
    1995 Mustang Custom Painted!

Re: Has any of the NXT line been discontinued?

It is not discontinued as of now, but many retailers must stop carrying certain products to make shelf space for the newer products. (No matter what brand)

There may still be some in a few retail outlets, but online is probably the easiest way to go.

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thanks! I don't mind ordering online, I was just a little concerned that the product may have been discontinued for some reason. I used similar products from Mothers, but once I used those two NXT products you could really tell the difference. So I switched everything in my garage over to Meguiars. Thanks for clearing all this up
      1995 Mustang Custom Painted!

Comment

Personally, I didn't like the Tech Protect; it left everything too glossy for my tastes. But that's me; I prefer a more matte look. No worries; I just switched to the Natural Shine protectant instead of Tech Protect and have been happy ever since.

As for the Glass Cleaner, I REALLY, REALLY hope that Meguiar's doesn't discontinue this stuff. It's the best thing I've found to clean my glass with that I can readily get my hands on. I prefer it over Stoners because of the way that the NXT seems to clean. Stoners always seems to "fizz" on my windshield, where the NXT Glass Cleaner just lifts it away and allows me to wipe clean without leaving streaks. The chemists knew what they were doing with the NXT Glass Cleaner!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprzout View Post
          Personally, I didn't like the Tech Protect; it left everything too glossy for my tastes. But that's me; I prefer a more matte look. No worries; I just switched to the Natural Shine protectant instead of Tech Protect and have been happy ever since.

As for the Glass Cleaner, I REALLY, REALLY hope that Meguiar's doesn't discontinue this stuff. It's the best thing I've found to clean my glass with that I can readily get my hands on. I prefer it over Stoners because of the way that the NXT seems to clean. Stoners always seems to "fizz" on my windshield, where the NXT Glass Cleaner just lifts it away and allows me to wipe clean without leaving streaks. The chemists knew what they were doing with the NXT Glass Cleaner!
          Personally, I like Tech Protect. It's my favorite among Meguiar's vinyl/interior cleaners. But since my local Pep Boys no longer stocks Tech Protect, I may consider switching to either Gold Class or Natural Shine.

And because my local Pep Boys no longer stocks NXT Glass Cleaner, I've been forced to use Invisible Glass. I don't want to drive all the way to Galpin Motor Sports just for a bottle of NXT Glass Cleaner.
          2012 KIA PICANTO
          Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
          Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');