• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 - Paste -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 - Paste -

Hi guys. I bought few cans of NXT2.0 few months ago. Just had a go at it yesterday on my car . No complaints on the stuff. Outcome was great. Depth, slickness and beading was top notch.

Only question is that the paste seems to be too soft thus making it hard for me to layer thin coats. Is this normal (soft paste)?
    (I stored this in normal room temp - basement;along with my M16 & M26, and my other boutique waxes in a fridge)

I found that certain part of the paste on the can is harder and others softer. Hmm...

Appreciate the advise(s)

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Re: NXT 2.0 - Paste -

Nobody wanna chime in?

Tim

Comment

Got the answer from another section. Thanks.

Tim

Comment

Where?
        Paul Marmarinos
        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I did not notice that. I am very impressed with the 2.0 Paste! Swirl hiding ability is very good. Great depth and shine, and it does not attract dust. It is also very slick!

I like the design of the new NXT can also. The storage space for the applicator pad was very clever.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
            Where?
            Here you go. Guess its normal for it to be kinda soft.
            General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Tim

Comment

I need to get some. I found it today! It has to be good the box says "combustible". It will be a good project for Memorial Day weekend.

Kelly
              MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Some more info regarding this matter.

Discussion on Meguiar's Classic, Gold Class, NXT, Ultimate, and Hybrid Ceramic Product Lines
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post

Only question is that the paste seems to be too soft thus making it hard for me to layer thin coats. Is this normal (soft paste)?

Check out the third and fourth pictures, see if this looks like what you experienced when you first used the paste wax.

NXT Tech Wax Paste when new in the can should look firm but have the consistency of shortening.

Here's some pictures... this is the normal way it should look.

Should have a firm, solid look before using, not watery or runny.

My finger pushes easily into the wax and breaks it up.

Should be soft and easy to spread, a little wax should go a long way on a smooth, clean surface.

Hope this helps...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That is just great Mike! That will help a lot of people who are having problems figuring out the exact consistency of that particular wax.
                    SYDSTER

Comment

Thanks for the pics Mike. I've attached the pictures of my NXT2.0. Consistency is something like ice cream (slightly harder). Gonna use it again on my girlfriend's car on the weekends. Hope its still working.

A quick one, can I just store it in a fridge? I've got a small fridge where I store all my other waxes. Its set to around 16 degrees or so. So any harm in doing so (NXT 2.0)?

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                        A quick one, can I just store it in a fridge?

I've got a small fridge where I store all my other waxes.

Its set to around 16 degrees or so. So any harm in doing so (NXT 2.0)?
                        16 degrees? Or 60 degrees?
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                          16 degrees? Or 60 degrees?
                          I would say its 16 degrees since he said its a fridge.

I wouldnt freeze the wax. It would be ok to put in a fridge but not a freezer.
                          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

16 deg celcius. I've stored it in a fridge and not in the freezer section. Checked 5 mins ago and it looks good; though its harder than usual.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');