• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gold class trim detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gold class trim detailer

I thought PlastX was only for clear plastic like headlights and taillights? Speaking of PlastX, I got some great results with it on this same van and also on my Oldsmobile a few weeks ago. It was the first time I had ever used PlastX. Let's just say I'm a believer! I have pictures but I won't further hijack this thread. Eventually I plan to post a new thread in praise of PlastX complete with my before & after photos.

Comment

I know this is taking this further off topic but, I just wanted to say I agree with Tyler. Treat those mirrors just like paint and you'll be amazed. I would suggest a cleaner wax working it really good or even some #80 with your choice of LSP. Try it, you'll be glad you did.

Comment

GCTD is a great product, I agree with Mike, some plastics no matter what you use, they won't last, our Yukon and Neon plastics are different animals for sure and the quality is different, the Yukon tends to last longer with GCTD then the Neon. But, they look great after an application and lasts, as long as it don't rain. My experience is a couple of washes then time to reapply.

Aaron
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post
          I know this is taking this further off topic but, I just wanted to say I agree with Tyler. Treat those mirrors just like paint and you'll be amazed. I would suggest a cleaner wax working it really good or even some #80 with your choice of LSP. Try it, you'll be glad you did.
          Interesting. I happen to have a little bottle of cleaner wax from a Smooth Surface Clay Kit. I was wondering what I was going to do with that little bottle. Nice idea. I will give it a try, and some PlastX.

Comment

Is it possible to apply Gold Class trim detailer by orbital machine?

Comment

Suppose you could, but it would probably be more of a hassle than just doing it by hand.

Comment

Ok Thanks roushsatge2.
                I'm just thinking maybe it would give more amazing result on faded trim.

Comment

A DA polisher would be too much of a hassle...

Just put a little passion behind the pad!
                  1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

I use a toothbrush to apply the GC trim detailer. It not only seems to work it in better, but it also removes any "stuff". I originally bought a bottle when I bought my car to try to remove wax residue from my cowl cover and mirror trim (00 Mustang). Because I was trying to remove the wax with it, I figured a toothbrush would help get it out of the "pebble" surface-and it did. I couldn't believe the difference in the treated portions vs the untreated portions. I tried using make up pads as applicators and wiping off the excess, but found that working it in with the toothbrush (I use soft children's brushes, so they don't scratch) works better. It lasts longer, and I've never had it run-even on my DD's trim (the Mustang isn't a dd and has a garage spot-the DD doesn't get garaged).

Comment

Hey, new to the forums but old to Meguiars products.

I used to use the trim detailer on a 96 BMW M3 that I had. I would usually apply it with a 1" foam brush (from the hobby store) the night before I would detail the car. I'd let it sit all night long in the garage (I'd also detail the interior the night before and let the leather and plastic sit after being treated and then wipe the the interior down again in the morning). Then I'd wash the car as I would normally do. I felt like I was cleaning off any excess and it didn't streak like it would if I applied the trim detailer after washing (in hind sight I was probably applying way too much).

That would usually to the trick because I wouldn't need to reapply the trim detailer for another 3 months and I wouldn't get the streaking. I'm sure that goes against all recommended usage procedures, but it worked for me.

I haven't tried the trim detailer on our 08 Honda Element yet so we'll see how that plastic needs to be treated.

Comment

On my car, there is those rubberish trim pieces above the doors. THey look quite bad, and the car is new. THey don't even improve much after gold class trim detailer. Is this the correct product for that type of trim?

Comment

The problem with those rubber pieces (exterior window seals?), or rubber in general, is that you can't do a whole with them. Just have to kind of go with it. I have them underneath my windows, and I find IMO they look best when they are cleaned, but not really dressed; or dressed and then re-wiped with a clean cloth to remove excess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooz View Post
                            Interesting. I happen to have a little bottle of cleaner wax from a Smooth Surface Clay Kit. I was wondering what I was going to do with that little bottle. Nice idea. I will give it a try, and some PlastX.
                            I have been cleaning/polishing/waxing (GC) painted plastic mirrors and I am always amazed.
                            Rob A.
                            '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                            '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Besides online, where you can buy GCTD? It wasn't at WalMart or Kragen and I doubt Target carries it.

Comment

though it won't offer as much protection as the trim detailer, i've been using the ultimate quik wax on my black plastic side mirrors, etc., and it does a good job of darkening and making them look good...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');