• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt 2.0: My first time, advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt 2.0: My first time, advice needed.

I just waxed my car with Nxt 2.0 , and i wonder if i put enough wax in it.
    I think i'm doing it right as i'm trying to do a very thin layer of nxt 2.0, but in some pics of people i see lots more of wax in it, and as is my first time i need to know if i did it right. I'm using liquid Nxt 2.0.

I wonder if after waxing it, it should look nearly white with a clearly visible coat, or look just with a very thin coat of wax that is even hard to see in some parts.

I also need to know if when applying the wax, you just have to do one or two passes with the wax to apply it or you need to do lots of circular movements in the same part with the application pad.

And finally, how much wax do you usually use to wax a car? I mean i was puting some wax on the pad every panel i waxed, sometimes a few times for the roof, was that ok or too much?

This are pics of the wax on the car before i wiped it (the light and the camera hide the wax, but all the car is with the same coat of wax as the parts where you can notice it in the pics):

Lots of questions but i really thank you for your help. Meguiars FTW!

Re: Nxt 2.0: My first time, advice needed.

You did fine. I'd say for the first time, you applied it you got it right. Most first timers apply it way too thick. I might suggest a second coat if you think you may have missed some spots.

If applying by hand, I'd suggest a few circular passes is fine to really work it in and achieve this thinness. As to how much wax is needed, you need to use exactly the amount you used to leave that thin layer. Overall, I'd say well done. So where is the after photo?
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
      You did fine. I'd say for the first time, you applied it you got it right. Most first timers apply it way too thick. I might suggest a second coat if you think you may have missed some spots.

If applying by hand, I'd suggest a few circular passes is fine to really work it in and achieve this thinness. As to how much wax is needed, you need to use exactly the amount you used to leave that thin layer. Overall, I'd say well done. So where is the after photo?
      That was the 2nd coat With a 12h rest between them. I will post pics as soon as i can go out and take some.

I got another question for the gurus :

UQD. I used it on the car 12 hours after the 2nd coat of Nxt. Will it increase, decrease or affect in anyway the gloss and reflection of the car with Nxt 2.0??

Not sure if UQD was good to use as last step product right after wax without any dirt in the car, or if i should of have waited a week to apply UQD when the car needed it

Is it any good to do a 2nd layer of UDQ?

Also, UQD was over paint, glasses, rubber and aluminium outside the car. Is that ok, or bad for some materials?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Looks good to me.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Looks like the right amount to me.

As for the uqd; Its for removing light dust fingerprints etc. Any time you rub the paint you are taking something off.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            Looks like the right amount to me.

As for the uqd; Its for removing light dust fingerprints etc. Any time you rub the paint you are taking something off.
            So it was wrong to use it as last step?? Should i have used Nxt 2.0 as last step and leave it that way without the UDQ?

Comment

You'll be fine with the UQD as the last step, you just want to remember wait the 12 hour cure (which you did before you used it on top of the fresh wax). The UQD will add a little more protection and some depth, but probably not that noticable since you did use the NXT 2.0 twice. I like to use it after most washes to "keep up" that fresh detailed look and it also re-news that slickness to the finish.

As far as the UQD on glass or other surfaces, I think you'll be fine. It seems gentle enough that it shouldn't do any harm. If you notice any discoloration or fading then I would probably be a little more careful with it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Looks good, but we probably need an after shot to make sure......
              "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Here are the after pics

Love the result, in direct sunlight the paint shine crazy, and when in shadow i got good reflections.

I love the reflection on the hood in the pic taken from inside the car (last pic).

Comment

Forgot to put what i used:

1- High pressure water to remove dust and clean wheels with Hot Rims.
                  2- 2 buckets, Nxt Car Wash and Microfiber Wash Mitt to clean the car.
                  3- Meg's WaterMagnet to dry it.
                  4- Quik Clay Bar with QuickDetailer to lubricate. Wipe the QD dry.
                  5- Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine (this is the only product not Meguiar's i used, is a polish).
                  6- 15-30 mins wait.
                  7- Nxt 2.0 wax (liquid) all over the car.
                  8- 12 hours wait.
                  9- Dust the car and another coat of Nxt 2.0.
                  10- 12 hours wait.
                  11- Ultimate Quick Detailer all over the car (Nxt Glass Cleaner the outside glass before the UDQ and a bit of Natural Shine to the tires).
                  12- 12 hours wait.
                  13- Pray to have a sunny day so i can go out with the car

I also used Natural Shine, Nxt Glass Cleaner, Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, Nxt Metal Polish and a few more to clean and protect the insideand of course a few Supreme Shine towels.

I also used both Even Coat Application pad and the purple pad that came with the Nxt 2.0, not sure which one of the 2 is the best to apply the wax, which one should i use next time?

If anyone have some advice over the process i followed i will be happy to read it

Comment

Does look good. Way to go.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks great I love the NXT 2.0 Im still waiting for it to wear off has been just about 3 months.

Comment

the car really nice zeus76. good prep and well protect

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');