• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Car Wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Car Wash?

A Question about NXT wash. Does it have anything in it that would strip waxes ,polishes or sealants?

TIA
    Jerry
    Success is based on the quality of the job done !

all car soaps can strip wax if you use too much of it But if you use the soap according to the directions there really isnt a problem with stripping wax. I belive it says 1 oz per gal of water, however for my car which doesnt get too dirty i use 1 oz per 2 or so gallons and still get plenty of lube and suds!

Comment

Re: NXT Car Wash?

Originally posted by Rollman
      A Question about NXT wash. Does it have anything in it that would strip waxes ,polishes or sealants?

TIA

Jerry
      Here's what the copy for this product says,

NXT Generation Car Wash

Our expertise in Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) has created a completely synthetic car wash concentrate that loosens and emulsifies even the toughest dirt and road grime while synthetic lubricating oils glide them off the surface without marring the finish. This cutting edge formula is gentle on all painted finishes as well as rubber, vinyl and plastic components. Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash leaves an eye-dazzling finish by itself or prepares your finish for application of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. Engineered water softener helps reduce deposits in hard water, leaving behind a spot-free finish.

Meguiar's waxes and paint protectants are detergent resistant, but our polishes are not. So to answer your question specifically, NXT Car Wash will not strip or remove waxes or sealants, but will have a tendency to remove polishes because water by itself will tend to remove polish as will any company's car wash and especially detergent soaps like dish soap.

That's why Meguiar's always recommends that you apply a coating or two of wax over the top of your polish. This will act to lock or seal it in.

Does that help?

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

hey Mike,
        there was a thread where we where discussing if hot water can strip wax. have you ever heard of this and is it true?
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

I remember the thread, but I don't remember the consensus.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I like to use warm/hot water when washing....
            I figured it would help in dissolving the bugs and other stuff.
            Please let me know if this is ok????
            Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
            08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
            98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
            82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

I do like to use hot water to wash.. but i don`t believe if you wash with hot water that the wax is completely removed. Once i started with a wax job with Gold class wax and it started to rain a little... so i quickly started to buff out the area i just waxed.. but i noticed that the water was working against me.. so the wax and the water was hard to remove. So if this occurs then on the other hand i believe this works on the other side the same. isn't water beading the same? all cars in the neighborhood are dry after a rainy day.. but ours you see always those water drops all over the car because they don`t get a grip on the surface.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');