• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2xNXT or NXT+GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2xNXT or NXT+GC

I will soon prep my 2004 CLK-320 (Silver) for the winter. In winter months, I will be able to wash the car thru touchless car wash but not wax.

Now, my plan is to do wash-DC1-DC2-NXT. Question is should I top the NXT with another coat of NXT or Gold Class liquid wax? Which way is better for snowy winter months of Toronto/Montreal?

I use 2 coats of NXT on my silver 4runner. It holds up good in the heat. I am sure it will work just as good in the snow.

Comment

NXT (X2) with a #16 topper should last the winter.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

I would suggest you do NXT x 2 as opposed to NXT + GC... Because NXT has synthetic polymers, which would be stronger over the GC wax. It's literally bonded molecules that will be much tougher to penetrate or wipe off by mother nature. Even though GC would also leave with a great shine, NXT would even be better and would also give you better protection. Hope this helps.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

i used a lot of gc,before the nxr was on the market,but i have to say,i did this combo (nxt+gc) a few times,on darker cars,and i loved it.
          here's my point:
          i only see the cars a couple of hours,and than the leave for a couple of weeks.
          but a while ago,i did a jaguar,only with one coat of next( of course after prepping properly),and i left one of my brushes in the car.the owner drove by,just the other day,to return it to me,and i was stunned by the look of nxt after 24 hours.
          i knew the polymers had to set,but didn't know that the car looked like this after a 24 hours.
          so,i would say,two coats of nxt will do,but keep 24 hour seperation.

Rick

Comment

I've used GC over NXT and I did not think it had the WOW of NXTx2.
            S2000 Lovefab'd with GT30R
            CTS-V (My first black car)

Comment

Originally posted by the newbie
              the owner drove by,just the other day,to return it to me,and i was stunned by the look of nxt after 24 hours.
              i knew the polymers had to set,but didn't know that the car looked like this after a 24 hours.
              uhhhh.... does that mean it looked bad after 24hrs? or really good.....

Comment

While the GC also has polymers, it also has some fairly strong cleaners. Therefore, it might remove a considerable amount of the NXT underneath................. hard to say?

I would top with #26 or #16, or leave the NXT there on it's own and see how that holds up. If you can find one or two decent days during the winter to add another coat of NXT, you'll probably be good to go.
                Boss_429

Comment

I would just use NXT x2.

I have tried topping NXT with #16 and #26 and didnt really see any added looks benifit to out weigh not being able to add additional layers of NXT down the road without stripping it and starting over.

Comment

My ultimate combination right now is NXT x 2 topped by a coat of
                    Medallion Premium Paint Protection. I find this to look just plain amazing and to last for quite a long time.

Hope this helps.

Chris
                    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab
                      NXT (X2) with a #16 topper should last the winter.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');