• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to NXT

Hello!

I'm new to these forums and recently just purchased a bottle of NXT.....

I just had a few questions...

How much wax to you guys apply to the applicator pad? What I did was apply a line on the outer edge of the applicator pad and waxed thinly, very thinly. I reapplyed the same amount for all major areas (doors, hood, trunk, roof, quaterpanels etc...) For some reason that did not seem like enough for my car (G35). What I used to do with my Gold Class wax was just stream the wax directly on my car ( like squeeze 2 lines spanning the length of my hood and wax it and repeated proportionally to all areas of the car). Improper procedure?
    Is it better to go too little or too much?

Secondly, if i want to apply a second coat the next day...do I wash the car again or just simply dust it to get the dust off...

Lastly what does layering provide? I've heard people saying they have 5 layers, 16 layes...etc....What does this mean?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Hi Legacy51,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

When I first start out I apply a dollop of wax about the size of a quarter to my pad and begin spreading it around. As you continue to apply product and spread it around your wax applicator will become more saturated with product and you'll be able to make a little bit of product go a lot further. You want to apply a thin coat, but work it in well.

As far as applying a second coat goes, you just want to make sure the finish is free of dirt or dust. If the car kept inside? If so you can just dust it off with a quick detailer and then apply the second coat.

Layering means different things to different people, I wrote a couple of related answers in Meguiar's FAQ, you can read them here,

12. Are multiple coats of wax beneficial? (Layering)

13. Can Meguiar's waxes be "Layered"?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the input Mike!

I've realized that in order to make my car really shine I'm gunna have to get some serious stuff...

Clay bar, Tech Spray, Car Wash (currently using dishwasher detergant ) etc....

As for the application....Say I wanted to wax my hood, would you use one dollop or two...or even maybe more to cover the entire hood...

The reason I ask this is before, when I was using Gold Class, I just lobbed the stuff on my car thick, let it sit for a while, then buff to a scratch free, extremly brilliant shine....But with the NXT, since it came in a smaller bottle, I thought I would be conservative and not use too much....but now I go back and look at my work and its not what others have said it should look like!

Possibly due to improper cleaning procedure, but what I found when I went back and inspected my work, there were still many minute microscopic scratches on my hood and a few other places as well as hard water spots that are somehwhat, but not drastically, visable...

Hopefully tommorow, with a second coat, it will be better...

Oh also, I have a hard time drying my car with mfs becuase the sun always beats me to water beads and makes spots!! What do you do to dry your vehicle?

Thanks again!
      Last edited by Legacy51; Sep 26, 2004, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I think you'll find the second coat helps that alot. See my post below titled "NXT on Mach1"

Comment

You'll love nxt -- a second coat relly brings out the color. Wait about a day or two then do the second coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy51
            As for the application....Say I wanted to wax my hood, would you use one dollop or two...or even maybe more to cover the entire hood...
            Use what you need to apply and work in a thin application.

The reason I ask this is before, when I was using Gold Class, I just lobbed the stuff on my car thick, let it sit for a while, then buff to a scratch free, extremely brilliant shine....But with the NXT, since it came in a smaller bottle, I thought I would be conservative and not use too much....but now I go back and look at my work and its not what others have said it should look like!
            NXT comes in a 18 ounce bottle, Gold Class comes in a 16 ounce bottle, unless you purchased a bottle of Gold Class that we made especially for Costco which came in a quart.

Remember, thin coats, worked in well of any company's wax works better than thick coats.

Possibly due to improper cleaning procedure, but what I found when I went back and inspected my work, there were still many minute microscopic scratches on my hood and a few other places as well as hard water spots that are somewhat, but not drastically, visable...

Hopefully tomorrow, with a second coat, it will be better...

Oh also, I have a hard time drying my car with mfs because the sun always beats me to water beads and makes spots!! What do you do to dry your vehicle?

Thanks again!
            Work fast!

Seriously, here in the desert, I only wash in early morning or late at night because the water spots are horrendous.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Ok...but a second coat on

I used a little more this time and I must say....It does look AWESOME!!!:

Thanks for your guy's help, next time though I'll make sure to clay my car as well as polish and use proper procedure before waxing (still new to this you see )

Again, Thanks for the help!

Btw: one last question for you gurus.....
              I accidentally got some wax on my rubber weather stripping on my sunroof....now its kinda turned white, anyway to get rid of that?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');